Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Parenting Talk (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   I *thought* he was PLed, now what? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=31034)

luvmyblessings 08-14-2006 02:43 PM

I *thought* he was PLed, now what?

DS is 33 months old and I *thought* he was PLed. Now that we are getting ready to start Preschool next week, it seems as if we have a little problem. He wets everything I put on him. :banghead: NO changes in the home, and we haven't made a big deal of Preschool starting. He isn't sick nor has he been sick lately, no new meds (found out this the hard way with DS #1), and nothing new happening around here! I am not sure what to do about sending him to Preschool. Any suggestions? He will attend two days a week for 3 hours each day. Hummm.....

TIA!
Angel

annes_cottage 08-14-2006 02:48 PM

Re: I *thought* he was PLed, now what?

Oh no! Does the school say he needs to be potty trained before attending?

I would take him potty as soon as you get there and put a pull up on him. Maybe he is just nervous and after he sees how fun it is he will stop?!

:hugs:

Lyric 08-14-2006 02:54 PM

:hugs: I think he is probably nervous. Thats a big change for him I would just give him some time to get used to it.

Irishmommy 08-14-2006 07:59 PM

Just pack extra clothes and let the teachers know that he has had some regression in that area since talking of preschool starting. They should be understanding of this and should cut you/him some slack. They might get a little testy if it continues for quite a while, but he will get in the swing of things once he gets used to his class/teacher.

luvmyblessings 08-18-2006 08:04 AM

Annes ~ yes, they usually require PTed as a prerequisite for a private preschool. I think the only ones that don't are those for special needs children, although I might be wrong. :headscratch:

Off to buy more pull-ups... seems like this week has really thrown him for a loop. It is so frustrating knowing he was doing it and can do it, but realizing something has upset him, whether he is able to tell me or not...

I'll just quietly explain it to his teacher (same one his older brother had last year) and pray she understands. I'll get him to go before class then ask them to remind him after recess (1-1/2 hours later). We will see if together we can get him back on track...

Thanks a bunch for your input.
:) Angel

mommyofsweetones 08-18-2006 08:24 AM

My dd had a bout like that...where it seemed like she had it mastered, and then, for whatever reason, she was wetting all the time. It was short-lived though, but she was 3 1/2. Maybe this will be the case for your little one!

Malka 08-18-2006 08:30 AM

The schools are usually understanding about these things at the start of the year. Ds wet every other day for a while and it didn't become an issue for over a month. I kept ds home for a day and after that he was mostly okay at school since he wanted to go. He continued to wet at home for two years (on and off, but most recently this morning), and I did get called into school a few months ago about it too. He wasn't the only kid who wet at the beginning of the year, and I know of another kid who stayed left school for a few days for the same reason. In my dc's school its only an issue if it doesn't stop after they have transitioned to school for at least a few weeks.

Malka

SandyG 08-18-2006 01:49 PM

david does it too, i gotta remind him to pee or he just pee on himself and wont care . so im on top of him every couple of hours. i make him stop whatever he doing and tell him to go. sometimes i miss it for seconds though LOL. he almost 3.5 too. uhmm maybe the age lol

Gloria 08-18-2006 06:05 PM

The thing that worked for both of my boys without fail is to NEVER PUT DIAPERS of any kind back on after you have started using underwear. I quit with pull ups FAST cause IMO they go in them just like they are a diaper so basically that is included in my category of diapers...LOL. Has he been exclusively in underwear or have you been switching him a lot? That is sooo confusing IMO. I thought my kids had enough to worry about without having to wonder if they decided to pee in their pants instead of the potty, were they going to be soaking wet or do I have a diaper on etc?? The answer was always YES you will be wet and have pee rolling down your legs:giggle: BUT this is what works for us and might not for you...good luck though!!

luvmyblessings 08-18-2006 10:54 PM

Great info... Actually he wears underwear at home all of the time. We only put a pull-up on him when we go to church or shopping. I make sure I offer him a super surprise when he keeps them dry and it usually works like a charm. Like today, he was dry all day. I had a meeting to attend and he wore a pull-up and kept it dry for 4 hours! He earned the entire family a dinner in a pizza place (eating in a restaurant is rare, usually it is carry out!). His brother kept thanking him for staying dry so we could go!

I *DID* talk to his preschool teacher at meet the teacher night tonight. She said not to worry (I do since he is the youngest!). This weekend DH and I are planning to praise the dryness and pretty much ignore the accidents other than asking him to "Take care of the problem" which means changing his underpants on his own. I am sure he will get it back together again! I just wish I could keep him at home until I KNEW he was back on track.

Thanks again for the great feedback!!
:)