Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Forum Use Questions - Ask the Pros (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Do we ever have a problem with PMs getting eaten? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=310373)

gracefaith 01-15-2008 02:33 PM

Do we ever have a problem with PMs getting eaten?

I can't figure this out. I've recently PM'd people and gotten no response and I can't figure out if I'm just not attractive or if the board is eating the messages somehow. I always post in the thread that I have sent a PM and in one case, the person responded saying that they must have deleted it or something because they didn't have it any more. Oddly, when I PMed her back to ask for PP address to send money for the item, I never heard back. I've also PMed a person twice and recieved no response even though I can tell by the person's profile that they've been on.

:headscratch: I have successfully PMed some people, so I can't figure out what the problem is. Is this possibly a board problem or are people just ignoring me?

I Smile Because Of Them 01-15-2008 02:34 PM

Re: Do we ever have a problem with PMs getting eaten?

Do you track your messages? I track all my messages and I can see whether someone is readind my PM's or just ignoring me.

gracefaith 01-15-2008 02:43 PM

Duh. Yeah, that would help me wouldn't it? I'll try that.

gracefaith 01-15-2008 02:47 PM

Okay, I did track the messages. The people did read them and apparently are just ignoring me. Why would someone ignore a person who is offering them money?

I must look untrustworthy or something.

I Smile Because Of Them 01-15-2008 02:49 PM

Isn't it annoying? I hate being ignored. What were you ISO mama?

mistylaureena 01-15-2008 02:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gracefaith (Post 2518277)
Okay, I did track the messages. The people did read them and apparently are just ignoring me. Why would someone ignore a person who is offering them money?

I must look untrustworthy or something.

ahh mama, don't feel bad. Sometimes when people are selling they are getting tons of PMs and may read them and forget to respond to your s or think they already did. I know I am guilty of that before...thinking i responded but realized I hadnt.

Also I know *sometimes* some mamas are nervous selling to new members, not that to much a scam could happen when you are the one buying but it wigs some mams out???:headscratch:

What are you ISO??

gracefaith 01-15-2008 03:08 PM

The first one was an XS Thirsties cover and the second was a Royal Bums small interlock soaker. Don't need the Thirsties anymore, but I would love to try an interlock and not pay a fortune for it.