Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Pregnancy (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Did anyone NOT find out they were having twins until LATE pregnancy or delivery? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=310409)

1blessedmama 01-15-2008 04:09 PM

Did anyone NOT find out they were having twins until LATE pregnancy or delivery?

I'm just curious...for anyone who did NOT find out early on (like, prior to 20 weeks) that they were having multiples (either no u/s by choice or 1st u/s really late in the game), did you have any indications throughout your pregnancy that it may be twins? Size? Amount of movement? Intuition? Palpation? etc... If you weren't going to have an u/s during the pregnancy, what prompted you to do it? (which would have been when you found out) And if you didn't know until delivery, how the heck did that happen? LOL

kalebnlillismomma 01-15-2008 05:05 PM

Re: Did anyone NOT find out they were having twins until LATE pregnancy or delivery?

:popcorn:

I Smile Because Of Them 01-15-2008 05:07 PM

Re: Did anyone NOT find out they were having twins until LATE pregnancy or delivery?

ashleykaymay 01-15-2008 05:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Genesis&AbramsMom (Post 2518919)

hand over the popcorn and make some room on the couch, michelle! :giggle: i am so watching this thread.

mom2my3monkeys 01-15-2008 05:20 PM

I didn't find out until 22 weeks.... and I *knew* it all along!

I was SUPER DUPER sick, felt movement at 9 weeks, started showing at 7 weeks, was HUGE (full term size at 22 week u/s), had dreams about identical twin boys (which I was carrying...) but my doc insisted that I was measuring right on schedule :headscratch: .

I BEGGED the doc to let me do a 9 or 12 week u/s to rule out twins and he thought I was crazy. He said that he would know if I was carrying multiples... So at 22 weeks, it was confirmed and my dh about fainted. He couldn't believe I was RIGHT! I was so convinced, I actually bought a twin book and started researching twins online before I actually found out.... it's strange how sometimes mama's just *know* things.

bettybites 01-15-2008 05:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mom2my3monkeys (Post 2519033)

I was SUPER DUPER sick, felt movement at 9 weeks, started showing at 7 weeks, was HUGE (full term size at 22 week u/s), had dreams about identical twin boys (which I was carrying...) but my doc insisted that I was measuring right on schedule :headscratch: .

I BEGGED the doc to let me do a 9 or 12 week u/s to rule out twins and he thought I was crazy. He said that he would know if I was carrying multiples... So at 22 weeks, it was confirmed and my dh about fainted. He couldn't believe I was RIGHT! I was so convinced, I actually bought a twin book and started researching twins online before I actually found out.... it's strange how sometimes mama's just *know* things.

Wow, that's awesome that you knew! My midwife always told me that mamas know whats up with their pregnancies and they are usually right when they have a hunch about something. :thumbsup:

hobbsandbean 01-15-2008 05:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ashleykaymay (Post 2518985)
hand over the popcorn and make some room on the couch, michelle! :giggle: i am so watching this thread.

me too. :giggle:

OneFabMama 01-15-2008 05:48 PM

Quote:

Heh. I bet your Dr. felt like a tool. Did he say anything to you about him being wrong?

hobbsandbean 01-15-2008 05:51 PM

Quote:

that is so cool!!!!! what a fun story. (except for the endless vomiting that i know you had :yuck:) i think i would faint at that point too. :giggle:

Ooey 01-15-2008 05:54 PM

I know Lindsay the Ky baby knits mama has a story like this, I hope she sees this thread and feels like sharing :giggle: