Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Off Topic Discussion (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Shave; Nair; Nothing; Other? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3111)

Jaz_Trio 05-02-2006 09:48 PM

Shave; Nair; Nothing; Other?

I have been having some BIG issues with shaving, I want to have "nice" smooth legs, for shorts and dresses but OMG....the cuts and stuff are driving me nuts...

So what do you use? HELP....I want to see if I can figure this out, my winter "weeds" are driving me nuts now that its nice out!!!

hollyhobby30 05-02-2006 09:50 PM

Re: Shave; Nair; Nothing; Other?

WELL!!!!

I use the Venus razor on my legs and stuff and LOVE it. Bye bye cuts.

I use Nair lotion on my arms cause I can't stand hairy arms.

I use Nair Microwave wax on my face cause I hate peach fuzz.

I think you would really love a Venus Razor.

Ummm....was that too much info?

Jaz_Trio 05-02-2006 09:55 PM

Do use any "lotion or soap" with the razor? Have you tried the other things on your legs and just not liked them as well? LOL sorry no not to much info! :D

hollyhobby30 05-02-2006 09:59 PM

I just use soap but the Venus razor has this lotiony stuff in the blade that makes it glide over your skin. I used to cut myself on my shins all the time until I got my Venus.

The Nair lotion burns my legs but not my arms.

The Wax would just take to long and I shave everyday in the shower cause I can't handle stubble at all.

wbkt8 05-02-2006 10:09 PM

i use regular soap & my razor blades are similar to the venus w/ the strip of lotiony stuff on them...can't remember the brand right off hand though. shaving cream is nice but i usually forget to buy it - haven't had too much trouble with soap. be sure to switch out your razor blade regularly though - ironically i think you're more likely to knick yourself with a duller razor - doesn't glide as smoothly i guess.

MamaZ 05-02-2006 10:21 PM

I actually use my DH's Mach3 shaver...best shaver I ever used! Good thing he doesn't mind :laugh: It's cheaper too in the long run. But since it's a men's shaver it's a bit sharper I noticed and works much better :)

Samantha 05-02-2006 10:30 PM

I have to admit my body grows hair VERY slowly...like painfully slow....My hair is also very fine and light so I dont shave very often and dont think twice about shorts :giggle:

I dont think I have shaved my legs for over 2 years and I was just thinking the other day maybe I should do a quick shave.

mom22lilguys 05-02-2006 10:35 PM

I shave my legs daily, stubble drives me nuts! i have a shaver" intuition " Ithink? it has a soapy thing around the blades that helps a bit. i use DH shaving cream too sometimes.

ocfb16 05-02-2006 10:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hollyhobby30

I use the Venus razor on my legs and stuff and LOVE it. Bye bye cuts.

:yeahthat:

Baje 05-02-2006 10:50 PM

I don't have a lot of hair so I don't have to shave, lol