Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Eastern Canada (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=119)
-   -   Boohoo - return to work (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=311478)

EcoTykesMama 01-16-2008 04:40 PM

Boohoo - return to work

I know I'm a sap but I can't believe my baby is almost a year old. I started daycare integration this week, and as usual, the 2nd child is taking it a lot better than I am. Although, when dh dropped him off this morning, it was nice to hear there was a little crying.

Anyone else getting back to work soon?

Katicabogar 01-17-2008 06:45 PM

Re: Boohoo - return to work

I guess it's not really SOON, but it seems like it...I'm going back in about 10 weeks. Luckily, I'm only going back one day a week for 4 hours, but it still feels like I'm going to be gone from DD for ever.

blueandpurpleskittles 01-18-2008 10:55 AM

I hear you moms :(

I've been back full time for two months. Isn't it bad that we like to hear a little crying when we drop off our baby?

I find it hardest towards the end of the week, but look forward to playing catch up on the weekends.

EcoTykesMama 01-20-2008 09:08 AM

Yes, I feel bad that the crying makes me feel good. I mean, the caregiver is the 2nd mother and I still like to know I'm 1st... Petty petty petty, I know.

Katicabogar 01-20-2008 10:29 AM

I don't think it's that petty....our children are (at least mine are) the most important people in our lives...it's nice to know that they miss us and need us.

EcoTykesMama 01-21-2008 08:44 AM

Haha! Dh dropped off youngest and he actually felt bad this morning when baby started fussing. Last week he was driving me nuts, whenever he said it was okay and he wasn't bothered by it, I just wanted to growl.

oddduck 01-21-2008 06:36 PM

I've still got 5.5 months left and I'm not looking forward to it. In our current situation I believe my husband is actually going to be home with her 3 days of the week so we'll only need child care for 2 days a week. I guess that won't be that bad, will it?

EcoTykesMama 01-22-2008 08:51 AM

Hey, that sounds great! You must be really comfortable with that decision. It was funny, for the first time I had someone ask me how I felt about putting my 2nd in care. I'd never been asked that - the questions centre around where and with who, homecare vs childcare centre, agency vs private kind of thing. I mean, childcare isn't evil, I need to work for a variety of reasons (bills, enjoy the stimulation) so whether I like it or not seems to be a moot point when its necessary. At least I got permission from my boss to work PT this year... things are going to be tight at home, but for me its worth it.

I love the fact that we can talk about this here. I always feel guilty taking about the 1 year mat leave in the other forums because Americans get what, 12 weeks?

Katicabogar 01-23-2008 11:19 AM

I don't know...I'm dropping to working only 1 day a week and only for 4 hours at night then....even so I feel horrible leaving DD with DH for that time. And it seems like such a waste of time to go to work...I'll make $60 in 4 hours, then minus deductions and minus gas to get there....

Is it really worth it....My check will be worth less then the paper it's printed on.

EcoTykesMama 01-23-2008 03:30 PM

I'd think it was worth it if you have good seniority, a pension on the line, benefits (which is just like salary) and you plan to increase your hours within the next 12 months. Starting over at a new job can be a real hassle.