Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   In The Kitchen (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   The website that saved our budget.... (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=313252)

2under2cbout3 01-18-2008 12:19 PM

The website that saved our budget....

I was told about Hillbillyhousewife.com about 2 months ago & since then we have been able to cut our food bill in 1/2.

We are not going w/o either. In fact I feel very proud to be making everything from scratch. (Except loaves of bread, have not gone there yet.)
The owner of the site has laid everything out in a very easy to read, follow and understandable fashion.

You can follow the plans exactly to really save money. If you have more money to spend a week just use the recipes she offers.

Just spend some time reading it. There are layers and layers of information.
There is a Christian undertone to the site but it is not overwhelming.
I really want to share the site w/ everyone who is interested in cooking family meals and saving money.
If you don't like the religious part please just look past it & use the helpful information. (Or don't even look at it to begin with!)

Sincerely,
Stephanie

PS Please let me know if you love it as much as we do.
A few of our favorites are:
Mocha Espresso Coffee Mix (I made this for Christmas presents)
Plain muffins (we make the whole wheat & the cornmeal often)
Waffle Mix
Fudge Brownies
Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookies
Skillet Chicken Teriyaki
Quiche
Boston Baked Beans (it makes alot)
Chicken Style Ricearoni

april-2006 01-18-2008 12:25 PM

Re: The website that saved our budget....

Try the Chicken and Dumplings!!! yum!

2under2cbout3 01-18-2008 12:30 PM

Oh my, it was wonderful.....
Very filling for a cold winter day!

blizzanj 01-19-2008 12:22 AM

:thumbsup: Thank you for sharing this website. I am always looking for a way to cut costs down. We live in California and it is no secret that prices around here are incredibly high!:yuck:
~Ange

Kontessa 01-20-2008 07:52 PM

Thank you! I keep hearing about this but have not dived in yet. Silly as I am now doing coupons and I would think if I knew what to cook, coupons would not be so hard. LOL

mamabear23 01-20-2008 09:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2under2cbout3 (Post 2544782)
I was told about Hillbillyhousewife.com about 2 months ago & since then we have been able to cut our food bill in 1/2.

We are not going w/o either. In fact I feel very proud to be making everything from scratch. (Except loaves of bread, have not gone there yet.)
The owner of the site has laid everything out in a very easy to read, follow and understandable fashion.

You can follow the plans exactly to really save money. If you have more money to spend a week just use the recipes she offers.

Just spend some time reading it. There are layers and layers of information.
There is a Christian undertone to the site but it is not overwhelming.
I really want to share the site w/ everyone who is interested in cooking family meals and saving money.
If you don't like the religious part please just look past it & use the helpful information. (Or don't even look at it to begin with!)

Sincerely,
Stephanie

PS Please let me know if you love it as much as we do.
A few of our favorites are:
Mocha Espresso Coffee Mix (I made this for Christmas presents)
Plain muffins (we make the whole wheat & the cornmeal often)
Waffle Mix
Fudge Brownies
Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookies
Skillet Chicken Teriyaki
Quiche
Boston Baked Beans (it makes alot)
Chicken Style Ricearoni

I can't wait to check this site out. We are in dire need of s budget saver. How much of it is organic, etc. I am trying to get us all natural/as organic as possible.

Auravik 01-20-2008 09:52 PM

I love the oatmeal muffins. I add apples.
Yum!

Kontessa 01-20-2008 10:41 PM

Ok looking more closely and I am not sure a lot of it is do-able for us. I am not sure the wisdom in drinking milk as is, check out notmilk.com and so when we do drink it, about a gallon a week, it is organic. More dairy we get is organic. I hate the prices but it seems worth the health to us, even if it means less meats and junk food in the house.

I did love the page on what things are worth buying already made! That helps a lot!

Thanks again for posting this!

2under2cbout3 01-21-2008 04:55 PM

I think just using the recipes they offer will save most people money. If you use organic or whole foods that will bring the price up but at least you will be making it yourself. I have been using wheat flour instead of white but on the other hand I have been baking w/ just powdered milk.....hopefully it all evens out in the end! Since we've been saving money I have been buying the more healthy eggs & we are talking about starting our own hens here at home.

There is a section of Healthy Hillbillyhousewife on there too. Maybe that will offer some other options.

Glad to share.
Stephanie

momto5boys 01-22-2008 10:31 AM

I've been to this site but never really checked it out..I'm going to give it a try..Thanks!