Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   EC - Elimination Communication (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=128)
-   -   How to EC the 2nd kiddo???? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=314574)

kthiday 01-19-2008 08:13 PM

How to EC the 2nd kiddo????

I am having so much trouble and need some re-encouragement... I was so good w/ DS putting him on the potty all the ti8me, but now w/ DD I find i don't have as much time. I feel terribly guilty b/c it is something I really believe in and want to do for her (we have had such positive results w/ DS), but I am, oh I don't know. It's just not going as well as I would like. Not to mention that DH convinced me to use sposies while we were moving when she was five weeks, so we didn't do it then, and she is ALWAYS constipated so I never know when she's going to go (she had a doc appt. this week to figure out what's going on). Someone tell me how they ECed their second, please!

*SweetPea83* 01-19-2008 08:31 PM

Re: How to EC the 2nd kiddo????

Hi!
I EC'd my 2nd, first. I had not heard of EC when my 1st was a baby. I think we are high miss ECer's so don't feel like you're alone! It's hard having a toddler to look after, a house to clean and a baby to nurse and potty! I just take DD whenever she begins to fuss for no reason or just when I think about it, and always after a miss or after a nap. It will all work into your busy life!! Just be relaxed and don't count the misses! That will make you CRAZY! Not much info, but hope the encouragement helps! Feel free to ask me any questions you have!

courtney_adkins05 01-19-2008 09:35 PM

i was wondering the same thing!

kthiday 01-19-2008 10:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jonah&bellasmom (Post 2556698)
Hi!
I EC'd my 2nd, first. I had not heard of EC when my 1st was a baby. I think we are high miss ECer's so don't feel like you're alone! It's hard having a toddler to look after, a house to clean and a baby to nurse and potty! I just take DD whenever she begins to fuss for no reason or just when I think about it, and always after a miss or after a nap. It will all work into your busy life!! Just be relaxed and don't count the misses! That will make you CRAZY! Not much info, but hope the encouragement helps! Feel free to ask me any questions you have!

yes, yes... you are so right- i did the same w/ DS- i tend to get caught up with the misses rather than focusing on the catches... thanks:hugs:

mammaofbean 01-20-2008 02:39 PM

yeah, i have been dealing with missing when nursing or otherwise tending to my older child, and also with my older child peeing on the bathroom floor when she can't or doesn't want to get on the toilet on her own and i am tending to the baby. i just keep repeating "it happens".

and with all 3 of us in the bed i diaper ds most of the time at night, i really can't wait until we get on more of a schedule and i get more sleep and can bring him to bed naked with confidence.

dragondance 01-22-2008 04:23 PM

Heck, how do you find the time to watch for the pee and teach the cues with a toddler? (Maybe it seems harder since I'm PLing dd1 at the same time :cry: )