Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Diaper Chatter and Q & A (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   any tips for traveling w/ cds? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=31600)

mom2hancj 08-16-2006 06:58 AM

any tips for traveling w/ cds?

Hey there! We are heading out for the weekend. First, we have no $$ for sposies and second, I would rather use cloth. Dh thinks it will be terribly smelly on the ride home. Any thoughts? We are leaving thursday afternoon and coming back sat night. It seems like I will need to take most of my stash. Do I just take some in the hotel and leave the rest in the car? I don't want it to be too huge a task but would like to make it work.

rpg_mommy 08-16-2006 07:56 AM

Re: any tips for traveling w/ cds?

Ziplock bags = no stinky smell in the car. ;) That always works for us!

Have fun! :goodvibes:

sheandaru 08-16-2006 08:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rpg_mommy
Ziplock bags = no stinky smell in the car. ;) That always works for us!

Have fun! :goodvibes:

:yeahthat: :thumbsup:

mom2hancj 08-16-2006 08:43 AM

Would ziplocs be better or putting the diaperpal in the back of the van? I was thinking about stacking the dipes in the laundry basket too for easy carry or would a big bag be just as easy?

Julesmom23girls 08-16-2006 09:24 AM

We did this a few mo back and didn't have a problem. I used a big trashbag for my Cd and jsut tied it up when we were ready to go, I didn't smell them at all, we were gone about the same amount of time. I use PF's so I just put them all in a big duffle bag to take and brought them back in the trash bag. Then when I got home I just emptied the trash bag into the washer. YOu could take a little container of baking soda to dump on them to help with the smell if you like.

sheandaru 08-16-2006 09:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mom2hancj
Would ziplocs be better or putting the diaperpal in the back of the van? I was thinking about stacking the dipes in the laundry basket too for easy carry or would a big bag be just as easy?

I wouldn't bother with the diaperpail. When we went on vacation, I put the clean dipes in a duffle & the dirty dipes in a couple large ziplocs.

majick1 08-16-2006 09:55 AM

I think they make these really HUGE ziplocs now. If you are near a washer you could always just wash before coming home.

mom2hancj 08-16-2006 01:48 PM

I guess I will be venturing to get some big ziplocs this afternoon...baking soda is a great idea too!! I have a big drawstring wet bag too but they might not hold them all and dh is worried about them still smelling.

heathersgirls 08-16-2006 03:01 PM

"We did this a few mo back and didn't have a problem. I used a big trashbag for my Cd and jsut tied it up when we were ready to go, I didn't smell them at all, we were gone about the same amount of time. I use PF's so I just put them all in a big duffle bag to take and brought them back in the trash bag. Then when I got home I just emptied the trash bag into the washer. YOu could take a little container of baking soda to dump on them to help with the smell if you like."

I did this exactly last weekend. It worked really well. It was also my first time traveling with cds. I felt very accomplished:thumbsup:

doberbrat 08-16-2006 06:13 PM

unless you're going camping or to someone's house (who hates cloth) , I'd wash them before piling into the car again. Most hotels have laundry facilities. it'd prob cost yuo 5-6 to do the whole load and thats one less chore you'd have to do when you got home.