Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Forum Use Questions - Ask the Pros (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   I'd like to host a co-op. How to ?s (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3175)

orangemnms 05-03-2006 08:27 AM

I'd like to host a co-op. How to ?s

What do I need to do in order to host a coop? All of my feedback is in my siggy :)

I specifically want to host a MM white micro co-op. I would also be willing to help do a dharma co-op as I live close enough to save on shipping (I can go pick up the order :laugh: )

Can someone please point me in the right direction? TIA!

Luvmybabies 05-03-2006 08:29 AM

Re: I'd like to host a co-op. How to ?s

Take a look at the Co-op FAQ's here - :)

http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/...oop_forum_faqs

orangemnms 05-03-2006 08:40 AM

:lostit: I swear I looked there first! Must need more coffee today :headscratch:

Thanks!

MamaJo 05-03-2006 08:49 AM

I just added the co-op faqs last night ;)

The one thing missing from the co-op faqs (need to add it today) is that you need to request membership to the co-op group (through your cp). :thumbsup:

allycat 05-03-2006 11:13 AM

Yeah, I wanted some more dharma stuff right after I ordered fromt he last coop!! Dharma, dharma please!!!!:thumbsup: :goodvibes:

Knittress 05-03-2006 11:26 AM

Gina, if you are thinking of doing a Dharma co-op... be aware that you will be charged sales tax. On our last Dharma co-op, tax was going to be something like $80. We had to redirect our shipping because tax+shipping within California would have been $110. The sales tax alone would have negated the savings for most of the mamas. It is most cost effective to ship to someone in Oregon or Washington State than to pick up in California. Just a little helpful hint. ;)

Jemgirl 05-03-2006 11:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lauraheartsherlittleone
Gina, if you are thinking of doing a Dharma co-op... be aware that you will be charged sales tax. On our last Dharma co-op, tax was going to be something like $80. We had to redirect our shipping because tax+shipping within California would have been $110. The sales tax alone would have negated the savings for most of the mamas. It is most cost effective to ship to someone in Oregon or Washington State than to pick up in California. Just a little helpful hint. ;)

i am really interested in running one! i'm in michigan..... i want lots more dharma stuff

OneFabMama 05-03-2006 11:48 AM

There was JUST a MM co op too. LOL

And, yeah what Laura said. It was supposed to be shipped to me since in CA but sales tax was 78 bucks.

Knittress 05-04-2006 07:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jemgirl
i am really interested in running one! i'm in michigan..... i want lots more dharma stuff

Jeme,
Your shipping could be costly. It would be a good idea to check the shipping before getting *too* involved. To ship to me was going to cost about $60 (almost double what shipping to Jena would have cost but I would not have incurred sales tax).

ETA
I made a faux shopping cart with Dharma and put in your zip. Shipping from Dharma to you will run the same as shipping from Dharma to me. The subtotal was $489.80. I put in enough items to get the clothing discount. On 59lbs., it was $44 for shipping. To put it into perspective, we had (I think) 68lbs. of items (shipping to me was calculated to be $59).

Jemgirl 05-04-2006 11:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lauraheartsherlittleone
Jeme,
Your shipping could be costly. It would be a good idea to check the shipping before getting *too* involved. To ship to me was going to cost about $60 (almost double what shipping to Jena would have cost but I would not have incurred sales tax).

ETA
I made a faux shopping cart with Dharma and put in your zip. Shipping from Dharma to you will run the same as shipping from Dharma to me. The subtotal was $489.80. I put in enough items to get the clothing discount. On 59lbs., it was $44 for shipping. To put it into perspective, we had (I think) 68lbs. of items (shipping to me was calculated to be $59).

Youch! That's pricey isn't it? So what states is it cheaper too? Or is it just weight that makes it that pricey? I guess there would have to sliding co-op fee or something, eh? Oh-well. I do want more stuff from them though, especially now that I'm LOVING all the tye-dying! I can't wait to do more. Just waiting on a couple things in the mail and I'll do a big tye-dying day again:)