Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   In The Kitchen (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   meatloaf help (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=318889)

karmamama 01-24-2008 11:55 AM

meatloaf help

I've got some hamburger that I need to use up tonight, and my intent was to make meatloaf or meatballs. But like a moron, I didn't leave out an egg when I made breakfast this morning :banghead: Any ideas for what else I can use as a binder?? I'm a basics kind of girl in the kitchen, so thinking outside of the box on this one is beyond me. Thanks for ideas :goodvibes:

nicolehedges 01-24-2008 12:30 PM

Re: meatloaf help

HI! I just googled "eggless meatloaf" I found some sites that siad you can make it without the egg. It will just fall apart more. Some said to add bread crumbs or more crackers etc. I would make it without the egg. It will still have the same taste, just might fall apart a little. I might go ahead and add more bread crumbs to be on the safe side. HTH!:thumbsup:

AutoShopMama 01-24-2008 12:59 PM

I don't usually put egg in...b/c I usually forget! More ketchup or bbq sauce combined with more crackers, bread crumbs, crumbled chips, or whatever should do it. It will still taste good and that's the main point! :thumbsup:

asianmama 01-24-2008 01:01 PM

u can make other stuff with ground beef-
Hamburger steaks are wrapped in bacon then grilled or broiled and served with mushroom sauce.
INGREDIENTS:

* 1 to 1 1/4 pounds extra lean ground beef
* 2 to 3 teaspoons vegetable oil
* 1 clove garlic, finely minced
* 1 teaspoon salt
* 1/2 teaspoon seasoned pepper
* 4 strips bacon
* 6 to 8 ounces sliced mushrooms
* 3 tablespoons butter
* 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
* 1 dash hot pepper sauce
* 1/4 teaspoon seasoned pepper

PREPARATION:
Combine ground beef, oil, garlic, salt and 1/4 teaspoon seasoned pepper. Mix well. Shape into 4 patties. Wrap each pattie with bacon, as you would a fillet mignon steak, and fasten with toothpicks.

karmamama 01-24-2008 01:34 PM

Thanks mamas :goodvibes:

aquaamber 01-24-2008 01:42 PM

I make yummy meatballs without egg and they hold together fine- I just add garlic, dried onion, oregano salt and pepper and cook in a skillet. my kids love em.

2under2cbout3 01-24-2008 06:20 PM

asianmama: u can make other stuff with ground beef-
Hamburger steaks are wrapped in bacon then grilled or broiled and served with mushroom sauce.

This sounds great! I put everything in a ziploc for the night and will make this tomorrow......
I don't have the bacon but I am going to use lunch meat instead, we'll see how it goes.
Thanks Asianmama!

PS, going to look at your girl clothes....

mccullar 01-26-2008 02:24 AM

i always use cold eggs... didnt know your supose to leave it get to room temp!

i also use bread crumbs. it all depends on my mood. i use bbq sauce also.
:) i'm strange i never make it the same!

mccullar 01-26-2008 02:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AutoShopMama (Post 2598403)
I don't usually put egg in...b/c I usually forget! More ketchup or bbq sauce combined with more crackers, bread crumbs, crumbled chips, or whatever should do it. It will still taste good and that's the main point! :thumbsup:

there you go!

that recipe someone posted also sounds good!

asianmama 01-26-2008 11:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2under2cbout3 (Post 2601367)
asianmama: u can make other stuff with ground beef-

This sounds great! I put everything in a ziploc for the night and will make this tomorrow......
I don't have the bacon but I am going to use lunch meat instead, we'll see how it goes.
Thanks Asianmama!

PS, going to look at your girl clothes....

welcome:goodvibes: