Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   EC - Elimination Communication (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=128)
-   -   There's a naked baby in my bed (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=319263)

Quinn's mama 01-24-2008 05:52 PM

There's a naked baby in my bed

Y'all have inspired me to give it a shot. Sure, I've got a VBSN and some Babyology longies on their way here, but I'm fickle like that. Plus, she just looks so darn happy lying there all spread out and nekkie (although it was harder to get her to settle down - she loves being naked so much, it was like she had won the lottery or something!)

Question: all you co-sleepers who let your LO sleep with no dipe, do the misses go up onto the blankets, or mainly just down? I imagine this would go differently for boys vs girls.

Ooey 01-24-2008 05:55 PM

Re: There's a naked baby in my bed

Usually just down under her, but she has always slept with undies on under fleece pj's, which I think makes a difference. If she was totally naked it could be a huge mess!

Quinn's mama 01-24-2008 06:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ooey (Post 2601192)
If she was totally naked it could be a huge mess!

Yeah, I know, don't know why I am living with such reckless abandon tonight. Might be because I had Dunkin donuts for dinner.

Ooey 01-24-2008 06:25 PM

:giggle: Well if it makes you feel any better Whilder actually slept butt naked wearing nothing but a Hanna dress last night! She was being a brat and didn't want to take it off, so in my pregnancy induced fit of laziness I just left her in it :blush: No pee in the bed though! Although as she was on her way to the potty this morning she pee'd a tiny bit right on DH's foot, he was sleeping on the floor and not so happy to wake up to a pee-foot :giggle:

Quinn's mama 01-24-2008 06:46 PM

:giggle: That DOES make me feel better. Well, we've already had one big pee in the bed so far, about 10 minutes ago. I'm excited to be doing this, if only because I'm curious to see when she goes.

That's funny about the pee foot! Yeah, I've faced a little resistance from The Other Side of the Bed about this evening's experiment, have a feeling Q will be staying on my side of the bed tonight!!

Ooey 01-24-2008 06:50 PM

What are you using under her? We have a huge plastic matress pad that covers the whole bed under the sheets just in case... but I've heard a lot of people really like to use a felted wool blanket under the baby, like the old army kind you can get at a thrift store. When Whilder was little I had these awesome pads I got from a DS WAHM, they were PUL on the back side and microfleece on the front, so they would contain the wetness but it would wick through the fleece so she wouldn't feel wet or have to sleep in a wet spot if that makes sense.

TempoHasPaws 01-24-2008 07:00 PM

We started EC/PLing when my daughter was 12 months old, she loved her potty so much she got up and went at night all by herself:mrgreen: she always hated diaper :giggle:

Ooey 01-24-2008 07:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TempoHasPaws (Post 2601734)
We started EC/PLing when my daughter was 12 months old, she loved her potty so much she got up and went at night all by herself:mrgreen: she always hated diaper :giggle:

Now that's cool!!

Quinn's mama 01-24-2008 08:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ooey (Post 2602018)
Now that's cool!!

Agreed!

Quinn's mama 01-24-2008 08:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ooey (Post 2601623)
What are you using under her?

We also have a waterproof thing under the sheets - I think it is PUL actually. She has a few pads under her, including one from the EC store which is PUL on one side and cotton/hemp maybe on the other. The fleece sounds like a good idea.