Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   In The Kitchen (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Suggestions for leftover pot roast (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=321082)

jackyl08 01-26-2008 08:02 PM

Suggestions for leftover pot roast

I have almost a 1/2lb of leftover pot roast. Does anyone have an ideas how I can use it? I hate to waste it, but I can't think of anything.

sahminaz 01-26-2008 08:24 PM

Re: Suggestions for leftover pot roast

It would make a great soup. Just add broth or water, a bay leaf, the left over veggies. Then add noodles, rice or lentils.

domestic_engineer 01-26-2008 08:51 PM

Beef Pot Pie (can use the refrigerated pie crusts or bisquik to make it a "fast" leftover meal)...
Chunky Chilli (the meat chunks in place of ground beef is a nice change of pace)...
and like PP said, soup (I use my hamburger soup recipe but throw in the leftover roast instead of browning the ground beef.)

Have fun!:thumbsup:

jayzee 01-27-2008 12:15 AM

Shred the meat and make quesadillas with it - I like to use leftover pot roast, whatever kind of cheese we have, and green chilies if we have them. Yum!

Jen

justkc 01-27-2008 01:06 AM

I use leftover roast to make soup - usually beef and barley soup. I have a recipe in my food blog.

camryn 01-27-2008 07:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jayzee (Post 2620672)
Shred the meat and make quesadillas with it - I like to use leftover pot roast, whatever kind of cheese we have, and green chilies if we have them. Yum!

Jen

Yeah I agree with you Jen. Quesadillas are very good for using leftover pot roast. Using mozzarella cheese and add some spices.

benjaminsmom 01-27-2008 09:51 AM

We like beef dip sandwiches!

mommy020507 01-27-2008 10:24 AM

i add cream of mushroom, milk, sour cream and shredding the meats in that pan. and in other pan i also cook the egg noodle. then pour the mixture over the noodle

3inclothdiapers 01-27-2008 01:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jayzee (Post 2620672)

Jen

I have a similar suggestion- we use leftover meat for enchilada casserole- I put the meat in the food processor and grind it up, then mix with refried beans; add tomatoes, cheese, etc, then wrap in tortillas and put in a casserole. Then I make a white cheese sauce that has cumin and groud red pepper in it, and pour over the top. YUMMY! Oh, I add spinach to the enchiladas too. Great way to get veggies into everyone.