Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Pregnancy (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Super low BP (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3218)

Samantha 05-03-2006 12:45 PM

Super low BP

Well the doc told me why she thinks I have been so tired lately....The nurse took my BP and shes like "that cant be right, let me try again....no thats right, are you feeling dizzy at all?" I told her no and she said your BP is super low its 80/60 She seemed suprised that I WASNT dizzy!

The mw said that my BP is most likely why I am tired all the time, and I get dizzy and see spots (which I already knew about the dizzy and seeing spots) She said my BP MIGHT be so low because of hypoglycemia which I have always thought I had just never had it diagnosed. So she wants me to try to eat a small protein filled meal every 3hrs.

I told her I was hurting "down below" and she wanted to check me to make sure the baby wasnt sitting on my cervix and thinning it...hes not *whew* because I went into PTL with DS and I DONT want to do that again. She asked me if the U/s tech told me how he was laying and I told her he was laying across my belly and she said thats why. Moms with babies who are laying that way often complain of pressure down below

Um....thats the story of my life LOL No one probably cares but its nice to talk to people who UNDERSTAND what this stuff means :lostit:

TCN Mama 05-04-2006 02:10 PM

Re: Super low BP

Have you had your thyroid checked? I have extremely low bp due to that, hope you get to feeling better.

bethanyjoy 05-04-2006 03:41 PM

Hey, we should brainstorm some good protein meals and snacks. Maybe start a spinoff? I find it really helps my tiredness/nausea if I make sure to get small amounts of protein every two to three hours...just have trouble thinking of good food sources. LOL

Hope you feel a little less tired soon, and that the baby turns so you can be more comfy! (Have you tried crawling around on all fours? Seriously...it helps!)

havanadaydreamin 05-04-2006 03:45 PM

I had super low BP too for most of my pregnancy. No fun at all!

Then I ended up getting induced at the end due to super HIGH BP:headscratch:

zonapellucida 05-04-2006 03:47 PM

HMMMM mine is always low and I was just told it means I will live longer, LOL. Glad everythig else is ging well!

wbkt8 05-04-2006 03:50 PM

mine was generally fairly low while pg - not that low of course. but it was funny when i was in the hospital after having dd they would take my bp and it was like that 80/60 or maybe even a bit lower. once the nurse looked at me & i told her since i was still talking to her i was probably alright. she laughed. most likely it was b/c i was laying down a lot then.

Ontariomama 05-04-2006 05:07 PM

Normal for my bp is usually around 90/50; my MW when I was pregnant with Nathan said that if mine WAS 120/80, it's probably because I was having a heart attack! LOL

I keep those little boxes of raisins in the van and they seem to help. I ate a lot of cheese strings, eggs and peanut butter, and I drank a ton of those YOP yogurt drinks. Not all at the same time, mind you! ;)

It's worse when I'm standing or walking for awhile - grocery store, dishes, walking, that sorta thing. I'll grab a yop and drink it while getting groceries. Better to pay for an empty drink container than wake up on the floor -- and I DID pass out in the grocery store when I was pregnant with Evan; frig, I passed out all over the place with him! lol Dropped like a stone in the checkout line. I knew it was going to happen too - felt woozy, then the little dancing lights (kwim?) came, then it started getting all "echoey", I leaned on the conveyer belt and woke up on the floor with all these people around me going "are you diabetic?" "do you need an ambulance?". I was like, Geez, I'm pregnant, give me some space! lol Luckily a friend of mine was there and her husband drove me home in MY car, and she drove theirs...

Brandon's big thing for months (he was 3 at the time) was to tell everyone that Mommy fell at the Wooper-Store (Superstore - big grocery chain in Canada).