Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Parenting Talk (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Need to hear from moms who partially vax'd their kiddos! (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=32315)

Severine 08-18-2006 09:49 AM

Need to hear from moms who partially vax'd their kiddos!

Before DD was born, I had done some research on vax'ing and wasn't sure I wanted to do it...but I got overwhelmed and we ended up vax'ing her on schedule for the last year. HOWEVER we will no longer be vax'ing DD. Is there anything I need to keep in mind because she's had some vax's already? I have the Exemption for Religious Beliefs form all set and filled out for daycare (and to keep on hand if anyone questions why we're not doing it). Anything else I might need?

The good news is that DD should only be in daycare for another 2 months then I'll be able to stay home with her!! :goodvibes: And I will *probably* be homeschooling her when she's older. But in the meantime, I know we have to cover our bases.

crunchy-mama 08-21-2006 06:03 AM

Re: Need to hear from moms who partially vax'd their kiddos!

One thing you will need to know is that it is harder to get a religious exemption for partial vax. You will want to file the waiver in place of
any vaccination records.
Are you planning on doing any more vaxes? Or is that the partial you ae talking about?

presleycaedmon 08-21-2006 07:05 AM

DS (who is 5) has had up to his 4 year vax's on schedule. DD (who is 4.5 months) has had zero vax's and will never have them. I have filed for the religious exemption forms but I never actually thought of there being a problem with DS being partially vax'd.

So...basically I can't be of any help at all but I'll be watching this thread to see what I need to do for DS! LOL

skayers01 08-21-2006 12:18 PM

I've decided, after many threads and much reading and talking w/ my midwife and my dc's ped, to Only get Hib and Pertussis for now. Their ped said that prevnar was kinda pointless since there hasn't been much of a change. We're going o homeschool, so we won't have a problem with the schools.

Severine 08-21-2006 09:38 PM

We don't plan on having DD vaccinated anymore. But she was fully vaxxed (and on schedule) up through 12 months of age. That's why I was a bit worried that there may be a problem.

presleycaedmon 08-21-2006 10:01 PM

We homeschool as well, so it's really not a huge issue for us I guess.

annes_cottage 08-22-2006 08:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Severine
We don't plan on having DD vaccinated anymore. But she was fully vaxxed (and on schedule) up through 12 months of age. That's why I was a bit worried that there may be a problem.

It is your decision and the other mama on here that decided to stop vaxing. I would fill out the religious form and be done. Why explain you changed your mind? They don't need to know you partially vax'd. That is just my opinion. Is there a box on there you would need to check or something that says you started vaxing, changed your mind, then stopped? I don't know anything about it.

All of mine are partially vax'd. I went with the flo until now and I am still unsure of what to do. This last spring my kids who are vax'd got the whooping cough. What good was the vaxine for it when they got it anyway. :banghead:

So I don't know what I am doing. I just wondered why someone would have to explain they started and stopped. I wouldn't lie...and I just wouldn't mention it....