Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Diaper Chatter and Q & A (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Need help, from moms of long & skinny babys (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3236)

9800Emily 05-03-2006 12:23 PM

Need help, from moms of long & skinny babys

DD is out growing smalls in the rise, but still needs the smallest waist setting. I thought one sizes would be good, but seems like she is to small in the waist for most of them still. So, what diaper works best for your long and skinny baby?

If it helps, DD is 4 months, 12lbs, 25 1/2 long, 11in waist, about 7in thighs and needs a rise of 15 or more. Thanks

lovencloth 05-03-2006 02:18 PM

Re: Need help, from moms of long & skinny babys

I had good luck, with wonderoo's with my skinny little beanpole. Now I use my Little M's, but roos worked really well for us right after the smalls rise got about 2" below her bellybutton :)

Lucky Child 05-03-2006 02:20 PM

hi i had the same issue with my dd... only she was just as long but thinner at 4 months. I think it'd be good to use prefolds until your dc fits into mediums... probalby mediums will last you until PL.:thumbsup:

sparkygirl74 05-03-2006 04:09 PM

I have a long and skinney babe too, and when I started, the only fitteds that really worked were CYA meds. They have a long rise, but I could get them really snug. When Del got a little bigger she fit into a lot more diaper, but it was really hard to get a good fit for awhile. for pockets, Happy heiney's fit better than FB and wonderoos scared me with all the snaps. If you are looking for a pocket that fits a wide range and is really trim,you should try a bumGenius. They are great for getting a more custom fit.

http://stores.ebay.com/CYA-Cloth-Diapers
www.cottonbabies.com

Good luck!

loni1090 05-03-2006 04:18 PM

PT FB and Wonderoos. Oh also M/L Very Baby AIO and Harlez are great too. The Harlez are soo trim, one time my DH put the large one on my then 5 month old LOL

Lasciate 05-03-2006 06:27 PM

My daughter was exactly like yours, here is what fit her well at that stage:

Wonderoos, Snap-Ez (medium), Green Acre Designs (medium).

erin_brycesmom 05-03-2006 06:43 PM

Definitely BUm Genius! Ds has always been long and thin. At 9 months he is still way to thin in the thigh for Med FBs but he wears small FBs snapped on the tightest settings and I even have to overlap the waist snaps, lol. He has been fitting into BGs no problem since December. You can overlap the taps which is great although we finally don't have to anymore.

navars2 05-03-2006 08:24 PM

I agree on the BG's. Also, if you're doing prefolds, Bummi Super Whisper Wraps work well with my skinny babies. The big thing to look for is a high rise and cross-over taps. If you like snaps, the Wonderoos will probably also work for you (I just HATE snaps so I don't like Wonderoos). Hrmmmm... Finally, you can use a prefold with wool...particularly if you get customs, you can find high rise wool soakers/longies/shorties. :D

Jaz_Trio 05-03-2006 09:42 PM

I have a long still very skinny baby!

He has worked supper well in Green Acre Designs, as well as Chunky Butt diapers....(we used them LONG before we sold them btw)

GAD's worked great for Z...and we tried Snap-ez, roo's, and SOO many other kids! :)

9800Emily 05-03-2006 09:50 PM

Thanks for all the help, I think for me I will stick with prefolds and covers. I ordered a wonderoo, but now I am afriad to see all the snaps. DH is diaper impaired though. I have actually gone to change DD and found the FB on backwards:headscratch:. The best combo he has done is a berryplush cover with wool shorts over it, no diaper at all. To say the least, he needs a very simple diaper. It's nice to know that she will fit into meds at some point.