Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Parenting Talk (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Postpartum Bleeding... Enough already. (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=32389)

babydirtybike 08-18-2006 12:49 PM

Postpartum Bleeding... Enough already.

Ok, so it's been 18 days and I am still not done bleeding here. I am going mental and I just want to go workout. I have been very good about doing nearly nothing, but I am getting to the end of my rope.

My only real activity is a 15-20minute, frumpy mama shuffle around the block just to get some sun so I don't feel like a freakin' vampire.

When did you all stop bleeding? Any tips (homeopathy et al.)?

thanks

Willys Woolies 08-18-2006 12:52 PM

Re: Postpartum Bleeding... Enough already.

I hate to depress you more....but I went 8-12 weeks with each one of mine...even had to go to my follow up appt with it on a couple of occasions.....sorry! You should still be able to get some light exercise if you feel up to it. Did the doctor tell you not to?

annes_cottage 08-18-2006 01:17 PM

With my first I bled about 9 weeks and was still bleeding when I went in for my 6 week check up. 2nd one, still bleeding at 6 week check up, I think I stopped at about 7 weeks. 3rd I was nursing so I think I bled like 3 weeks, and the same with my 4th. I think I will probably do the same with this one as I will be nursing!

My other little blessings I did not carry, so none with them. :giggle:

Hugs mama!!! :hugs:

mom2fussy 08-18-2006 04:50 PM

Sorry to tell you, but I went about 4 1/2 weeks (and I'm breastfeeding), then started up again briefly around 6 weeks. It does slow down a lot towards the end, though, if that's any consolation!

pfratz 08-18-2006 05:35 PM

I think I went 4-6 wks with my first. Im now 2 wks pp and still having a bit, though it is light enough that I only have to wear a thin pad.

jenn5388 08-18-2006 06:00 PM

18 days huh?

I know it sucks.. but I gotta laugh.. just a little..

I bled nonstop for 6 months. That was fun! :)

But let me explain.. I also had a IUD placed at 7weeks PP. But at that point I was still bleeding anyway.

What's even more funny is I had such a bad Blood loss right after having miranda that they wanted to do a Transfusion.. so tell me how i continued to bleed for 6 more months is a Mystery. lol

Don't worry.. it will end shortly.. they say around 4-6 weeks.. it hasn't even been 4 weeks yet. :) you won't bleed forever is what i'm saying. :)

JustAugust 08-18-2006 06:14 PM

Yeah, ditto the others, it'll probably last quite a bit longer. I bled for 5 weeks, then got my period at 7 weeks!!! GRR!

StormySar 08-18-2006 09:01 PM

Drinking enough water, getting plenty of rest (nap when baby naps!) and good nutrition is essential for a speedy recovery. Generally, lochia lasts 4-6 weeks. It lasted 7 with my first, and 2 with my second. I really cleaned up my act with #2 and it showed. of course, every woman and every postpartum period is different, but I do know that enough water, sleep and good nutrition (and I don't mean eating "healthy" meals from a box, as hard as it is, home made food is really the way to go to ensure good nutrition, and of course cook healthy wholesome meals).

And of course, if you are breasfeeding, nurse, nurse, nurse!

presleycaedmon 08-18-2006 09:20 PM

http://ezinearticles.com/?Herbal-All...lems&id=253736

Kama 08-19-2006 07:28 PM

I drank an unbelievably huge amount of water ( I had milk supply issues and thought this would increase my supply), ate better than I have in my life, got plenty of exercise and breastfed practically non stop. I bled until until six weeks to the day it didnt really taper off until the day before it stopped. I know its awful and it is so hard waiting for it to go away hang in there!(I didnt have my "six" week check up until 9 weeks)