Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Pregnancy (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Kinda a grossish question...but we love em! (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3271)

Shannon 05-03-2006 02:05 PM

Kinda a grossish question...but we love em!

Did anyone else NOT ever know when they lost their mucus plug? I had no idea I even had one :blush: until 2 months AFTER I had my first DD. Another girl said she lost her mucus plug and I was like huh?:headscratch: Then I never saw it with Chloe either. My mom had given birth to 6 kids and only saw it with her last one. Just wondering if I am spazzing the whole thing or if others are familiar with when they lost theirs?

Manna00 05-03-2006 02:20 PM

Re: Kinda a grossish question...but we love em!

Oh... speaking of grosss.....

I'm a triplet.. and my mom LOVES to gross me out about her mucus plug (She gave birth 2 other times.. but never saw those plugs). And get this: she swears it looked like the jelly-crud that comes packed in the container in SPAM or canned ham. BARF. I haven't been able to prepare a canned ham since (SPAM has been off my list since I was old enough to have sense.). I've heard it either looks like that jelly-crud OR one big snot ball.

MY MIL on the other hand gave birth twice and never saw her mucus plug in either birth.

I sure am hoping to be in the "not familiar when I lost my snot-ball, jelly-crud" team. Bleh.

myajdw 05-03-2006 02:55 PM

i didn't really notice it with my first ds, but my second one i wiped and had just a yucky, well mucousy mess on the toilet paper. it was more like just a really nasty bad clearish discharge. so not too bad. but i had a friend that said she lost hers in the shower and it was just a huge red gelatinous mess, just like a cork! ewww! i've heard it can vary like that though, from what i had to a really gross bloody cork looking mass. i'm on my third pregnancy now and hope to repeat what happened in either as far as that goes, considering neither was too bad!

wbkt8 05-03-2006 03:06 PM

mine was just like really heavy mucous - with a slight yellow/greenish cast to it. let's put it this way - i've seen worse when i had a sinus infection....it definitely didn't have a "shape" to it or anything.

i think you can lose it quite gradually (and it does regenerate itself sometimes too) and maybe not really notice anything in particular.

SarieQ 05-03-2006 03:12 PM

I'm pretty sure I've been losing mine gradually over the past week. With my daughter I never saw one, and didn't have any signs of impending labour, either. But as far as I can tell, what I've been losing is mucus plug. I'm dilated to one, so I figure it must be?

Shannon 05-03-2006 08:30 PM

Ok, good. So I'm not just wierd...lol

Trishalynn 05-03-2006 08:58 PM

lol I"m on baby number three and have yet to see one? lol! I'm not expecting to see it with this one (due in three weeks) seeing as I didn't with the others. Glad to know I'm not alone on this one though lol, I thought I was the only one who's never seen one! lol

Willys Woolies 05-03-2006 09:20 PM

I have given birth to FIVE children and I NEVER once saw anything!!! And, let me tell you I was looking for ANY sign, I examined every tissue, every panty liner, everything and I never saw a thing!!! I think it's made up!

Proverbs169 05-03-2006 10:13 PM

I saw mine with Allison and then with my last two saw nothing. I think that was b/c I didn't lose it until I actually went into active labor, though.

meemo96 05-04-2006 10:11 AM

Never saw mine...a few of my friends and my sister lost theirs in the toilet and said that it just looks like a big blob...never got a chance to see mine with my dd...sniff, sniff. :) ha!