Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Northern Canada (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=120)
-   -   What am I the only one?? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=328488)

curious_george 02-03-2008 11:28 PM

What am I the only one??

Well... I'm not exactly in Northern Canada but north of Hope in BC seems far north to many :giggle: Lower Mainlanders.... Anyone???

clarinetb 02-20-2008 10:02 PM

Re: What am I the only one??

hehe! Hi! I'm in Ontario.... I posted to the general Canada area (rather than a sub-forum) commenting on the distinct lack of Northern Canadian mamas! I like how they divided the country into three.

Hoep you find some friends up north! I love the avatar!

gretchenea 05-28-2008 12:35 PM

I'm in Sault Ste Marie, ON, right now, formerly in Kirkland Lake, Ontario, and probably moving to Timmins later this summer (Shania Twain is from there- it's a mining city). I'm new to the forum, and not totally clear on all the lingo so far. I'm cloth diapering my little one (Simon, born Feb. 19, '08), and pottying my 2 1/2 year old Mitchell, though he mostly goes on the potty by himself as long as he has no diaper on. If he does have a diaper on, he invariably goes in the diaper and tells me after the fact. I'm enjoying reading posts so far!

BTW, are longies basically wool or poly covers for nighttime use? doesn't the pee then moisten their whole lower half?

NorthernMama 09-01-2008 11:59 AM

I live in La Ronge in Northern Saskatchewan. Not a huge cloth diapering scene here to say the least. We are going through a bit of a baby boom, though, so we'll see if I can make any converts :)

Robbie's Mama 09-05-2008 07:07 PM

So really there's only one other person other than myself that lives in Northern Canada??? Hmmm...seems to me that Northern Canadian mama's don't like the whole CD idea. What's up with that???

NorthernMama 09-17-2008 05:17 PM

I heard from a mama who used to live in Yellowknife that there is apparently a lot of CDing happening there (at least a few years ago, anyway). Regardless, if they do exist, the northern contingent is definitely not waving their flags here!

MelDM 09-18-2008 02:58 PM

I'm in Northern Alberta! Fort McMurray to be exact. My SIL is in yellowknife, but she doesn't have any kids. She'll be CDing when she does have some :goodvibes:

NorthernMama 09-19-2008 08:02 PM

Woo hoo! There are 3 (almost 4) of us!!

kgmama 10-08-2008 08:00 AM

Ontario mommy here

sheenamc 11-09-2008 12:07 AM

I am in Victoria on Vancouver island!