Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Parenting Talk (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   To go along with the shots and eczema posts (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3291)

aimee 05-03-2006 03:21 PM

To go along with the shots and eczema posts

Jacob got his 2 months shots last Thursday, could this have actually caused his breakout? He had a few minor and I mean VERY minor spots before his shots, but now he has ALOT. I will take a picture this evenings so you guys can see what I mean. But his back, arms, face are covered in what looks to me like eczema. Once I got to reading some of the shots post (and I didn't read everything) I am wondering if this could have caused it. Before he goes in for his 4 month appt I am going to research ALOT to see about delayed vaccination.

keegans_mommy 05-03-2006 05:19 PM

Re: To go along with the shots and eczema posts

eczema is tricky, one of my sons has it pretty bad. His bum is covered, the backs of his knees are covered and he the insides of his elbow's are as well. Then he has various smaller patches on his legs and arms and they all get inflamed now and then.

But we don't know what causes his and his showed up at about 12 months, coinciding when we started cows milk. So we had him tested with the allergist and he came back slighly allergic to milk so we have had him off of milk products for a good 2-3 months now and his eczema isn't completely gone but it's MUCH better than before.

I know that doesn't help but it seems to be an allergy to something. Sometimes it's your laundry detergent, sometimes it's the type of material your baby is wearing, sometimes (if you are nursing) it can be from what YOU are eating. See? Tricky LOL

Ok, I have been NO help to you. :blush:

aimee 05-03-2006 06:09 PM

Thank you for your reply, honestly that did help me because it gave me another way to look at it. Here is some pictures of his back, does this look like eczema? He also has this on his face, head and elbows.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4.../JacobRash.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...JacobRash2.jpg

keegans_mommy 05-03-2006 06:21 PM

Well, from the pic it really doesn't look like eczema but it's hard to say from must a pic. :) Usually, (not always) eczema likes folds in skin, like backs of knees and insides of elbows and my sons whole butt LOL

It's a very rough, thick, scaly rash that when it's bad enough and scratched, it will ooze :yuck:

I am not sure what that is and I am so sorry I have no answers for you. :hugs:

aimee 05-03-2006 06:27 PM

A little info on it. It is red, raised (bumpy feeling) with the center being dry looking. And it seems like it is itchy to him, when I rub it it really seems to comfort him.

Thanks anyway. I am going to call his Ped in the morning to see if I can get him in.

MamaLove 05-03-2006 06:27 PM

:hugs: Poor baby...I hope it goes away quick. I don't know much about eczema, but I'm sure some other mamas will let you know if it looks like that or not. I suggest eating very simply and avoiding any possible allergins until it clears up. Creams with calendula and urtica help with skin rashes.
Does he have a fever or any other symptoms? Good luck, mama.:hugs:

MamaLove 05-03-2006 06:28 PM

Did he just get the MMR shot?:headscratch: I hope it's not measles...measles starts out like a cold with a fever that breaks out in the rash with white spots in the middle. If it is, the homeopathic remedies that you can get at the health food store are Aconite, Belladona, and Chamomilla. Please let us know what the doc says. Best wishes for your little one.

lovemygirls 05-03-2006 08:44 PM

I hope that everything turns out okay for you little guy. :hugs:

4boys4me 05-04-2006 06:02 AM

Actually, it looks like baby acne which there is little to nothing you can do for it.. I dont know (((HUGS)))

Velvetpage 05-04-2006 06:40 AM

My husband came down with exceme around the age of two months, and in thirty-two years, we have never been able to isolate a trigger for it. It's simply a part of his skin type. I'd say definitely take him to the doctor and see what you can do for it. I will say this, though - it doesn't really look like any excema I've seen. It looks like an allergic rash, and isolating a cause for that could be really tough.

In any case, I hope he feels better soon - that doesn't look like much fun, poor guy.