Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   EC - Elimination Communication (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=128)
-   -   I think my dd is PT against my will! (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=329727)

mum2James&Julia 02-05-2008 09:08 AM

I think my dd is PT against my will!

This is my first time posting on this forum :giggle: I just needed to vent to people who will understand :blush:

:banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :giggle2:

That's IT! I just need to get pregnant again so I can use all my beautiful diapers for longer. For heaven's sake, my DS isn't even fully potty trained (having the most ridiculous time trying to get him to poop on the potty). :headscratch:

I've been bringing Julia to the potty to poop since she was about 3 months old and she's been fairly consistent. She only really started peeing on the potty in the last month or so (before that, if she had to pee while she was pooping she would). I only take her to the potty a few times a day generally. I have daycare kids as well as my own kids so it's not particularly convenient to take her every hour.

Well, I've now noticed she's starting to hold her pee in for longer. Often, her diaper is dry when I bring her to the potty and she'll pee on the potty instead of her diaper. This is totally being led by her... I had no intentions of her potty learning this early. :eek:

What should I do??? Go with the flow? Start taking her more and encouraging this? Yikes! I have so many future diaper purchases planned. Sooo not fair! :cry: :giggle2:

At what age do partly EC'd kids potty train normally? I know I probably have a while before she's consistent, but I wonder if I should go with it and make her some yummy BV undies. :lostit:

Sigh....... I so didn't expect this so early. She walks, signs, communicates so well (compared to my son) and now potty training? Good grief, Harvard here we come! :giggle: (just kidding)

ETA - I thought this was funny. Guess what dd's first word was (a couple weeks ago). POOP! BWAHAHAHA!

youmb00 02-05-2008 09:34 AM

Re: I think my dd is PT against my will!

how cool is that? :giggle: too cute! mine is 7MO and she's so far from being consistent.I'm expecting her first word to be peepee. They say girls PT faster so maybe she's ready! lucky you!

duckieheart 02-05-2008 02:20 PM

Buy some cute potties and trainers, you'll be ok. :giggle:

mum2James&Julia 02-05-2008 03:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duckieheart (Post 2704115)
Buy some cute potties and trainers, you'll be ok. :giggle:

:giggle: Sigh... she's only had 1 pee in her diaper all day. 4 in the potty and two poops in the potty.

How consistent can they possibly be at not even 9 months old? I mean, she tells me when she needs to poop (signs and says poop), but she doesn't communicate to pee yet... it's just sort of luck. LOL!

Oh - and she stayed dry through her last nap and peed 5 mins after in the potty. I'm so not ready for this :eek:

goofycutemom 02-06-2008 08:43 PM

BV undies? does anyone make them - I want some :lostit:

hershyyyy 02-06-2008 08:46 PM

What are BV undies?

goofycutemom 02-06-2008 08:53 PM

Well bv is bamboo velour and undies .. well ....:giggle2:

mum2James&Julia 02-07-2008 06:45 AM

I don't know who makes them to sell. I'm getting a bunch of BV, BFT and BF in within the month, and I was planning on making mama undies and some pfs, but if she's going to start pottying on a more regular basis than she might as well have some nice soft undies too... LOL! :D

Yesterday didn't go as well as the other day. Ah well! Two steps forward one step back. Even at this rate she'll probably be fully potty trained before my ds :eek:

goofycutemom 02-07-2008 10:11 AM

bv undies - how nice would that be - i want some for both of us :giggle:

sdevonh 02-08-2008 03:19 AM

How great for you, mama! Don't worry, you've got years of buying pretty clothes ahead of you!