Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Off Topic Discussion (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   looking for some good natural soap and shampoo (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3346)

sesa70 05-03-2006 09:45 PM

looking for some good natural soap and shampoo

I have been looking up info on some of the ingredients in our baby soaps and was surprised to find how harmful they can be!

I would love some natural chemical free soaps to try with my girls. They are 5 months and 6 1/2 years. Something moisturizing or at least non drying and in a liquid would be good :) Perhaps a moisturizer to follow?
They also have lots of hair (even the little one!) so some shampoo and condtioner recomendations would be appreciated too. Oh and of course it would be great if it smelled good :laugh:

I just feel like there has to be a safer alternative to the walmart stuff.

Thanks!

allycat 05-03-2006 10:42 PM

Re: looking for some good natural soap and shampoo

Arbonne has some awesome stuff! They have a whole baby line. You can check them out at www.arbonne.com. I'm a consultant if you want anything. I think I have a sample that you can try too if you want to pm me your address.

Alison

OneFabMama 05-03-2006 11:19 PM

www.northernessence.com

Very affordable, a lot to chose from. Great WAHM! I just ordered 60 bucks worth of stuff through a co op and then went back and ordered 40 more dollars worth of stuff.

I refuse to have Johnsons and Johnsons in my house after reading the ingredient label to only find the only thing I can pronounce in the list is WATER! :yuck:

MomsHelpingMoms 05-04-2006 12:54 AM

PM'd you

SandyG 05-04-2006 12:16 PM

can someone enlighten me??
really? that stuff is harmfull??
AAAHH!!! im panicking now :cry: one more thing to worrya bout now geez

OneFabMama 05-04-2006 12:20 PM

Sandy,
There was an article in last months Mothering issue (was it last month?) about commerical hygeine products and what is REALLY in them. There is a website - I forgot what it is now. But after seeing that and seeing what those ingredients yo ucant pronounce are I'm not taking any chances. KWIM?

We made the switch to natural, or mostly natural, can read what is in the ingredients and know what it is kinda stuff about 4 weeks ago. I threw all that other stuff out. Cept the shampoo for me and DH I cant find natural stuff if anyone can point me in that direction that would be fab!

it's definitley worth looking into!

SandyG 05-04-2006 12:26 PM

:yuck: oh my gosh!!
i better dtich that stuff too then
no more equate stuff LOL
ill chek out naturalesence then thanks

MamaJenn 05-04-2006 12:50 PM

I really find that the best bam for your buck on organics shampoos is Natures Gate:thumbsup:

vick 05-04-2006 12:56 PM

Here's the web site: http://www.ewg.org/reports/skindeep2/

You're gonna want to throw everything out and start fresh. We're slowly converting our stuff over, Isabel's stuff was converted asap. I use MamaJo's awesome Baby Wash for her, and then whipped shea butter from Northern Essence to moisturize. The Diaper Hunt is showing me all kinds of natural product web sites, so I'm going to try a few places for stuff for DH and I.

sesa70 05-04-2006 01:33 PM

I didnt read that article in Mothering about the products, does anyone by chance have the link?

I dont want to take any chances iwth my girls, so they are getting switched ASAP. As for me and dh, well, he is primarily $$$ driven so he doesnt care if he dies a few years sooner as long as he saves some money! Cheap butt !LOL! So he will always be using suave. I suppose I can wait to switch myself over, but I am worried about the kids so they are going to get all natural NOW! LOL!