Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Off Topic Discussion (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   How would you react? *Peeping tom* (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3369)

Ooey 05-04-2006 12:03 AM

How would you react? *Peeping tom*

I am still not quite sure how to feel about this, I'm not normally a modest person but I just feel kind of grossed out and violated.

I know it's pretty dumb but we have a glass door in our bedroom that hasn't had a curtain on it in months because the curtain rod broke. You can't really see anything because we have a tall fence and some tree's around our house, so I have always felt pretty safe, and me and dh both walk past it naked on a regular basis. Earlier today I was trying on some of my bathing suit tops to see if anything still fit me (I'm 38 weeks pregnant) and because I just moved some of the furniture around to make room for the baby's stuff, the mirror is now right next to the glass door. Well, I was complaining that a brand new bikini top that I've never even worn is now to small for me, and dh came in from the living room to look at it. He said "it looks like it fits" and I was lifting my arms and pretty much groping myself to show him how my chest was sticking out of the bottom of it, when he suddenly said "What the heck? There is some guy looking at us through the fence?!?"

I looked up and saw some guy's eye looking through the crack in the fence, and was soooo grossed out! dh immideatly opend the door and went outside to find out what the hell the guy was doing. I half expeced him to come back inside with bloody knuckles, but I'm glad he didn't end up getting in a fight, or rather beating the guy up. Apparently when he went out there the guy was holding one of the flyers for our house (it's up for sale) and said he was just looking at the property. Who knows if the guy was really just looking at the house and happend to get more of a show, or if he had been standing there for a long time watching me try on bathing suits :yuck:

After thinking about it for a while dh was mad at himself for not beating the guy up, and he remebered seeing him before and thinks that he lives a few houses down from us!

I'm so embarassed, especially if the guy is our neighbor! It's gross to think tha some old guy would want to look at a big ol' pregnant lady naked... anyway I just don't know how to feel about the whole thing. The first thing I did after it happend was get some tacks and hang up a curtain!

Sweet_Fantasy_Fox 05-04-2006 12:57 AM

Re: How would you react? *Peeping tom*

omg, im sorry someone was peeping, thats so sick, if he was loking at the house, he couldve left and came back since you were right there changing:hugs:

Luv2bemommy 05-04-2006 12:59 AM

Oh man! I would have been freaked too!!!! :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

mamas120 05-04-2006 01:21 AM

I would feel the same way you do. I mean that would totally freak me out knowing that some stranger was looking at you through your bed room window!!! But who knows if he was actually peeping he could have come to just take a look at the house, but thats weird that he got out of the car, I mean usually when ppl just want to check out a house they just drive by to see if they like the look before contacting the seller. Still either way, if he saw you a gentleman would have walked away instead of standing there to watch you.:headscratch:

Carrie 05-04-2006 05:31 AM

I'm really paranoid about people looking in the bedroom windows. We live in a complex, though, not a house with a fence around it. I don't think there's much you can do about it now other than keep an eye out...

akrab 05-04-2006 10:12 AM

Oh my goodness I would freak out! I am so paranoid about that stuff... I change in the bathroom the majority of the time and never run around naked... though I have 5 kids so couldnt/wouldnt do that anyways LOL

marymom 05-04-2006 10:39 AM

please be VERY careful!! i had a peeping tom when i was preggo w/ my now 5 yo dd and he stayed around for 2 yrs. i made several police reports b/c he was getting ballsier by the day. i even caught him on my back porch in his underwear.

SandyG 05-04-2006 10:57 AM

:yuck: yes do be careful just in case

OneFabMama 05-04-2006 11:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by marymom
please be VERY careful!! i had a peeping tom when i was preggo w/ my now 5 yo dd and he stayed around for 2 yrs. i made several police reports b/c he was getting ballsier by the day. i even caught him on my back porch in his underwear.

OMG! I would have freaked.

To the OP I would have freaked the heck out!!!! DH and I walk around naked often but make sure our patio blinds are closed (we live in a apt). But, I would definitley keep an eye out, and GO BUY A NEW CURTAIN ROD GIRL!

kugrinic 05-04-2006 11:36 AM

THAT IS CREEPY HUN, PLEASE JUST KEEP EN EYE OUT (THAT WASNT A PUN) TO MAKE SURE HE ISNT LURKING AROUND. I GUESS IT COULD HAVE BEEN BAD TIMIMG THAT HE WAS LOOKING IN YOUR YARD, BUT STILL HE COULD HAVE APPOLOGIZED.

REGARDLESS EWWWWWWW......KEEP YOUR SELF SAFE