Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   In The Kitchen (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Anyone have any good salmon recipes (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=33773)

kimb96 08-23-2006 06:56 AM

Anyone have any good salmon recipes

I just bought a big bag of frozen salmon fillets at Sams. I need some ideas on recipes so we aren't always eating them the same way.

artemis33 08-23-2006 12:06 PM

Re: Anyone have any good salmon recipes

ONe of my favorite easy ways to do salmon is to spread pesto over the top and bake. YUM!

Of course lemon, salt and pepper is simple and good. You can add a sprig of rosemary or thyme to the packet while you bake it (I usually do parchment packets).

You could do an asian flair with soy, ginger, garlic, honey and lime - just whisk together to taste and pour over while you bake - or even marinade in that for a while before you bake it.

Honey mustard is a good topping.

I 've tried an orange juice/soy/honey one that was pretty good.

This time of year, blackberry sauce is supposed to be a great match for salmon. I still haven't tried it yet, but here's the recipe I am planning to try as soon as I pick some blackberries and find a nice piece of salmon!

Yum, yum - can ya tell we love salmon? :)

ShannaMarie 08-23-2006 12:13 PM

Not at all healthy, but we LOVE a 1/2 and 1/2 mayo/sour cream mix with parmesan and jalapenos. Grilled or baked. YUM.

jelynn 08-23-2006 01:39 PM

I do a chili rub that even the kids really love. And it's EASY

1Tbsp chili powder
1Tbsp sugar
1tsp salt

rub on fillets (can leave on as a marinade for 30 min- 2 hours, but it's still good if you don't have time) and grill or bake

skayers01 08-23-2006 02:04 PM

Does anyone have the recipe for the salmon that they use to serve at Chilis? It was called the ginger citrus glazed salmon, I think. Gosh that was heaven in my mouth! :bliss:

rpg_mommy 08-23-2006 02:22 PM

A take-off on the blackberry sauce...

Let some cream cheese come to room temp so it's soft (you can use low fat if you like!) and pop it in the food processor with some blackberries or raspberries (or both!), then spread a dollop on top of each grilled/baked/broiled filet. The heat from the fish will melt the cheese a little bit...soooo nummy!

hapi2help 08-25-2006 01:51 PM

OK, mine is totally easy and knida healthy:

Here you go(for 2 fillets)

Lime juice (2 works great)

Honey

Chili Powder (2 Tbs is our taste)

This is all to taste, start with the 2 limes jucied, then add the honey, I would guess we use about 2 Tbs also, it should how you like it. I like a perfect blend of tangy(lime)-sweet(honey) Then the chili powder adds smokey heat.

To cook: Really easy, dunk the salmon in mixture, put in med heat non-stick pan with 2 Tbs olive oil. I then pour the rest of the mix over the salmon while cooking. The honey will burn, so watch it. Cook 2-3 minutes on each side.
We use our Costco frozen fillets and make this once a week.....
Also, you could BBQ, and use this as a baste. Honey will burn....so watch!

If you try and like....say "Thanks Rachel Ray!!!!"

trinmama 08-25-2006 02:03 PM

ooooh....we LOVE salmon here! how about trying a salsa to put on top? one of our faves is with mangos, pineapple, red pepper (the sweet kind), red onion, lime juice, and ginger. mmmmmmmm....i do about half a mango diced (or a full one, but we always have extra salsa, but only two adults eating...), about 1/2c chopped pineapple, 1/2c chopped red pepper, and the onion is optional, but it'd be about 1/4c diced, maybe? then a few Tbsp lime juice (depedning on your taste for it), a tsp of ginger (FRESH is best, less if dried), OH YEAH also 2tbsp oil. delish!