Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Parenting Talk (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   hylands teething tablets ??? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=34694)

ecoria 08-25-2006 07:11 PM

hylands teething tablets ???

what the hell is in this stuff???? everytime i give ds (4mo) this (2 tabs) he passes out within like 15 minutes. he never sleeps this much.

AngelMommy 08-25-2006 07:15 PM

Re: hylands teething tablets ???

Whatever it is, it works wonders. We used them fanatically with DS until we realized they were housed in lactose, and DS has issues with dairy products (I knew he couldn't have that many teething diapes!!) He used to ask for "teethers" because he knew they made him feel better (he only asked when he needed them, and would refuse them when he didn't). Wonderous little things!!

Hayley 08-25-2006 07:16 PM

It is a homopathic way to help babies with teething and I swear by it! Noah gets very very little meds but this is something I must have in my diaper bag at ALL times it has natural herbs in it that help baby get through the hard times with teething.

CMamma 08-25-2006 07:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by noahs_mommie
It is a homopathic way to help babies with teething and I swear by it! Noah gets very very little meds but this is something I must have in my diaper bag at ALL times it has natural herbs in it that help baby get through the hard times with teething.

:yeahthat:

If you want actual ingredients, I can pull from the sight for you. It's all natural & safe. I know the warning on the label actually says that DC may fall asleep soon after getting them b/c it soothes their teeth & then they are able to sleep/relax finally.

They even work on my toddler for his molars!

presleycaedmon 08-25-2006 07:42 PM

I just got my hylands catolog in the mail today. They've got the most AWESOME stuff for babies, kiddos, and adults!!

They've even got a bedwetting tablet!!

rxmommy 08-25-2006 07:55 PM

It's a homeopathic remedy that I would NEVER give to my child. They contain belladonna and there are no regulations on herbal medications - no controls on quality or safety. Belladonna is a poison. Natural does NOT immediately equal safe!

CMamma 08-25-2006 08:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rxmommy
It's a homeopathic remedy that I would NEVER give to my child. They contain belladonna and there are no regulations on herbal medications - no controls on quality or safety. Belladonna is a poison. Natural does NOT immediately equal safe!

I've researched this & yes, belladonna is toxic in it's pure form (as are other plants, herbs, etc) but in Hyland's & other products, it's dilluted over & over & used in itsy teeny doses.

Anyway, like other products both found in nature & in labs that people take, some things that are lethal in pure form or large doses are helpful in dilluted forms or other combinations.

That being said, I'm not trying to "start" something... just helping expand on what you said so people don't suddenly think Hyland's sells poisions for kids.

Belladonna can be used for fever/inflamation (again, at the correct dillution & dose).

All mammas should make their own informed decisions that's right for them though :)

This goes for lots of companies - homeopathic or not.

:goodvibes:

tatumsmom 08-25-2006 08:14 PM

:popcorn: I am interested to hear more about these. Are these the same as humphrey's homeopathic teething tablets? I bought some, but have not tried them...the directions say to disolve them in water..does that sound right?

CMamma 08-25-2006 08:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tatumsmom
:popcorn: I am interested to hear more about these. Are these the same as humphrey's homeopathic teething tablets? I bought some, but have not tried them...the directions say to disolve them in water..does that sound right?

I've never heard of those... I know Hyland's say to dissolve under the tongue but I think you can put in small amount of water too & give to baby. Doesn't sound too crazy to me.

cuties02q 08-25-2006 08:30 PM

We just bought them but haven't tried them yet :thumbsup: