Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Transaction & Feedback Discussion (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   Updated: Please give me input! <---issue resolved finally (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=34782)

ahava'smama 08-26-2006 07:10 AM

Updated: Please give me input! <---issue resolved finally

man can i share this all? well someones opinion would be helpful!

Here is what has happened thus far.......

I ordered something on ds and sent pp. she told me apparently the wrong address to send it to, as for her, she has just disappeared.

So this other mama has my money and says that the ds gal owes her too! I asked her to refund my money since I haven't actually ordered anything from her. She told me she is sorry the other mama scamed me, but she can't refund my money because she needs the money.

I filed a dispute with paypal because I just don't understand how she can keep my money when I didn't acutally buy anything from her.

This morning I had an e-mail saying she couldn't believe that I filed, and asking how I would like neg. feedback on DS?!?<-- can she do that?? I just don't get it, maybe I will just drop the whole thing, but 35 dollars for nothing??? we didn't even have enough money for gas last week! :( WWYD??

ahava'smama 08-26-2006 07:35 AM

Re: Please give me input!

Does anyone have advice?

LuAnn 08-26-2006 07:58 AM

umm if shes not registered w/ ds she CANT leave feedback.

ETA: whats she planning on doing joing ds leaving fb and leaving?? Make sure you save ALL emails/pms whatever to send to pp...

presleycaedmon 08-26-2006 08:44 AM

Wow! I can't believe she thinks that she can just keep your money!! That is absolutely insane!!! :whoa:

You most definitely did the right thing by filing with paypal. And if she gets on here and leaves you neg. feedback you just need to let the mods know and I'm sure they'll fix it for you.

Also, I agree with the PP. You need to save ALL emails/pm's between you and this person.

Geez, some people! :headscratch:

ahava'smama 08-26-2006 08:54 AM

she said she is a ds user, i don't know her sn though.... but i have been saving the info. Part of me feels bad for her, but I have nothing to do with that mistake... I thought that she should file with pp for that occurance... and she told me she didn't have the other mama's e-mail.... which is understandable I guess I don't either, but I don't see any neg feedback on DS from this other mama either. Thanks for the input, so should i continue with the paypal dispute and maybe go to a claim or should I just see myself out $35? I don't like any of this. This is my first negative experience and my dh is almost ready for me to stop buying things off the internet, but how do you cd without the internet??? :headscratch: anyways....
lmk wywd

dirtdartwife 08-26-2006 08:58 AM

I personally would go through with the claim and then start searching for her SN on DS to leave negative feedback.

It's not your problem as to what happened in a seperate transaction. If you have not actually bought anything from her, she has no legal right to keep your money. She either needs to produce the money or produce a product, kwim?

but keep the claim open and, like the pp said... keep the emails/PM's.

good luck mama!:hugs:

love2bmom2chris 08-26-2006 09:02 AM

definitely keep the claim open. Do you have the email from her that states that she knows that you didn't get anything from her but she needs the money? If so, make sure you let Paypal know so you can send them the email if they need it! That should be proof enough. That's crazy!

ahava'smama 08-26-2006 09:03 AM

Thank-you everyone I really appreciate the advice! :)

this is incredibly uncomfortable! :( I hope no one else is going through this!

ahisma 08-26-2006 09:25 AM

I would keep the claim open. *If* she leaves negative feedback then you can deal with that then. I'm still pretty new myself, but I think that the mods can adjust feedback in certain situations...maybe someone who knows better than me can chime in on that one...

But...what is she going to leave negative feedback for? All you are doing is asking her to refund money that was never hers to begin with. I mean really...I could use some extra money right now, but I would never keep money that wasn't rightfully mine.

I'm guessing that the mama that you "bought" owed money to the mama whose address she gave. So...now she's covered her debt (admittedly in a bizarre and highly unethical way), except that she now has a debt to you.

The other mama was probably very frustrated over her "deal gone bad" with the first mama...and sees your payment as a means to compensate. Except...that's whack. It's not her money. She needs to send it back ASAP. Just because she needs the money doesn't justify keeping money that isn't hers.

Hayley 08-26-2006 09:34 AM

Can I ask how in the world did she give you the wrong paypal address and how could it have gone to someone else on DS? This just kinda seems fishy to me like maybe she has 2 paypal accounts and scammed you! Please report it to a MOD every detail you have including the email addresses for each person and the user name that you know of for the one momma! this is not right and if she does leave you feedback I am sure if it is true that she is messing with you MamaJo will take care of it but please inform someone in the MOD department this should not be happening I do not care if the 1st momma owes the second momma you did nothing and she 2nd momma needs to take it up with the 1st momma!

please keep us posted!

ETA do not close the claim and be very very specific when dealing with paypal!