Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Diaper Chatter and Q & A (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   I think I hate Pockets... (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3483)

MammaGehl 05-04-2006 01:45 PM

I think I hate Pockets...

So far CDing has been going just fine for us (I have a 1 month 10 pounder) we are mostly using Kissaluvs and other assorted fitteds and they are working great... but, we have three pocket diapers and I hate them all. Each time I put them on I am just waiting to see when I am going to have to change his whole outfit. I have one small swadelbees that I bought new (washed at least ten times now) a small used GAD and a Dimplecheeks pocket fitted. They all leak like crazy. I added more stuffings to them and they are getting wet but it seems like any inch where there is a gap of soakers (like the half an inch on the top back of the dipes where the soaker doesn't reach) the pee gravitates to and goes every where. How do you keep it in? am I under stuffing? The fleece is wicking fine on all three so i don't think that is the problem. any advice would be appreciated b/c I have a handful of pockets waiting for him as soon as he gains a few more pounds...

MamaStace 05-04-2006 02:26 PM

Re: I think I hate Pockets...

Do the leg holes fit okay? Perhaps that's the problem . .. . good luck. I bet as your baby gets older you'll like it better!!

hfitz5051 05-04-2006 02:44 PM

Are you putting a onsie over it? The onsie might be causing the leaks because it kinda "smooshes" the diaper lol. I ditched all onsies awhile ago.

SandyG 05-04-2006 02:55 PM

:yeahthat:
also what are youstuffing them with?? that could be it too

vick 05-04-2006 03:01 PM

Well, as far as the Dimple Cheeks goes, a pocket fitted shouldn't be waterproof - they require a cover.

My GADs are my workhorse fitteds - I count on them for everything and they never leak. Where are the dipes leaking - through the body of the dipe or along the edges?

ETA: Ack - GADS are workhorse *pockets* - my BBLs are my workhorse fitteds!

MammaGehl 05-04-2006 03:35 PM

I am putting a cover over the dimple cheeks and it just got so wet on the tabs that out it came.

Yes, I am putting onsies on sometimes... so that might be causing some of the wicking around the legs. Poor kid doesn't have much of a variety in his wardrobe :rolleyes:

The last time I put his GAD on him (a few hours ago, prompting this post) I just had him laying on the floor in his diaper and this time it leaked at the top in the back from the gap between the soaker and the edge.

I am using some generic soakers that someone gave me... perhaps they are just not enough... :headscratch:

Blackbirdlane 05-04-2006 04:07 PM

man, no advice from me cause I hate pockets too, lol. They do not work well for either of my kids. I always got leaks and I tried a bunch of different kinds. I only keep some on hand for dh to use. I just think that sometimes pockets don't work for some kids :headscratch:

wmama 05-04-2006 04:59 PM

I haven't tried a GAD, but I tried a Swaddlebee on my little guy when he was that size, and he ended up soaked every time, too. Then I tried Fuzzi Bunz, and never a leak with those. So, you might try FB before totally giving up on pockets. Oh--my ds wears onsies with all his pockets, too, and we haven' thad a problem with the FB.

HTH,

Choose2bgr8 05-04-2006 07:21 PM

I had a problem with pockets at first. I hated them. I had fuzzi bunz. I found that I just couldn't use those ones (I have FF, HH, OMG and WAHM ones now) and I wasn't stuffing them enough or changing her often enough.

gr33nie 05-05-2006 07:28 AM

I went through the same thing. I bought a ton of different small pocket diapers and was so excited to use them. They all leaked! I was so upset and I started selling them off practically brand new. I hadn't tried the fuzzi bunz yet because they looked bigger. When I thought DS was big enough for the fb they magically worked. At the time I thought 'well fb are the best then'. But now looking back I think that it just takes a little time for pockets to fit well. But once your DC is big enough you will start to love them IMO!

So don't give up on them yet!

Sarah