Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Pregnancy (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   36 weeks now with chronic insomnia AND I'm sick! What to do! (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=35299)

aliyahsmommy 08-27-2006 11:35 PM

36 weeks now with chronic insomnia AND I'm sick! What to do!

I did the same thing when I was pregnant with my DD#1. I CAN NOT sleep!! I go to bed at 4 and 5 in the morning and I feel horrible ALL day. BUT...last time I didn't have a two year old to take care of!! All day today I felt like I was in a nightmare! I'd dose off to sleep on the couch and 10 min. later my DD would wake me up an inch from my face hollaring "mama I need..." When she didn't wake me up after 10 to 15 min. I'd panic and wonder what she was doing that was keeping her SO occupied. AND I'm SICK too! I think it's a sinus infection. The skin on my nose is raw from constantly blowing it and when I wash my face it stings BAD! There is a alot of pressure in my head and ears. SO when this new baby girl gets here I'm already going to be exausted!! I've heard other moms say they did the same thing when they were pregnant-insomnia. Does anyone have any ideas on how to cope? We are moving this week too. So I have got to find the strength to pack! It doesn't seem to matter how tired I get myself by the end of the day I can not rest!

Thanks mamas for the advice- without diaperswappers all I'd have is "paid programming" to pass the hours of restlessness.

annes_cottage 08-28-2006 08:40 AM

Re: 36 weeks now with chronic insomnia AND I'm sick! What to do!

yes I know the feeling...I have it to. And did with the others. Sometimes I can sleep and others I toss and turn all night!! Unfortunatly, it is normal....:hugs:

Try some warm tea, reading in bed, have hubby give you a massage, maybe a warm bath before bed...not too hot though...

A lady once told me this is natures way of preparing us for sleepness nights with a newborn!

Prayers and hugs coming to you !!:hugs: :hugs:

Julesmom23girls 08-28-2006 08:59 AM

I hate to say it but you should probably stay away from the computer and tv they are stimulating you too much. Try reading a book, taking a warm bath(put some lavendar in it if you have any), drinking some warm tea esp camomile, or warm milk (my fave). When I wake up in the middle of the night I go to a different room and read, that way I am not sitting in my bed trying to make myself go back to sleep, KWIM. Good luck mamma, hope you get some rest before the new baby comes.

aliyahsmommy 08-29-2006 04:59 PM

Thanks mamas I'll try that!!

amykah 08-29-2006 06:22 PM

I would def. check with your OB/HCP again about what you're allowed to take for sinus infections and allergies.

I have very bad asthma this time around, and I would be just as sleepless (I'm 29 wks), but from trying to catch my breath, if I weren't allowed to take medications to relieve the asthma and allergies. The nice thing is that Benadryl helps ya sleep, too!

A momma that can't breathe can't get oxygen to the baby either!

HTH,
Amy A. in TX

Gloria 08-30-2006 05:37 PM

This is too funny cause I am doing the exact same thing right now! I am 34 weeks and I cannot sleep and I have 2 little boys to take care of!!!! I dont know what I'm going to do!! I know how you feel about being exhausted when the baby gets here...before the sleepless nights even start! Good luck mamma! If you find something that works for you LMK!!!:hugs: