Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Family Planning (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=51)
-   -   Is this silly? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=35308)

Five Green Beans 08-28-2006 01:42 AM

Is this silly?

My hubby and I are wanting to wait awhile for another baby due to my rececnt loss and crappy maternial history I just said OHHHHH OHHHHHH OHHHH I got it. My best friend is getting married In April and they are going to start ttc in October of next year and IM like WOOOOO i sooo want to be preg with a friend I have never had that and we talked about it today because I told her I dont want to steal your thunder, and I will give you a 6mt head start incase it takes ahile I wouldn't want you to end up infertile or something and me preggy when we are trying to do it together. Is that silly of me because she is like "what ever happens happens" but anyway I look forward to hopefully being preggy around the same time....she really liked the idea too because it will be her 1st Its all so exciting I cant wait for her to have babies :goodvibes:

urchin_grey 08-28-2006 01:51 AM

Re: Is this silly?

No, I don't think its silly! I started TTC while my friend was pregnant and then we did conceive RIGHT after she had a MC and she wasn't mad at me or anything... and then she got preggers again four months after me. So we got to be pregnant together afterall and it was fun.:goodvibes:

Sweet_Fantasy_Fox 08-28-2006 03:46 AM

i'm sorry for your loss:hugs:
I think its a great idea to ttc with your friend, goodluck to the both of you, hope everything gos smoothly and you both have healthy pregnancies when it happens:goodvibes:

1boy1girl1bitty2 08-28-2006 04:20 PM

thats awesome you thought to ask her!! I was really young when i had my 1st so needless to say there was no excitment on either side of the family. so when i got pregnant with #2 my husband was super excited and my mom was better with the second but DH's family wa sreally excited so i sorta felt special. and three weeks later my SIL (who wasn't having another one for at least a year she said) turned up pregnant!! moved close to home (we moved 4 hours away) and i felt like my thunder was stolen!! but on a happy note i was glad i was able to share pregnant stories with her while we were both pregnant!

Sweetforestcat 08-28-2006 09:56 PM

I do not think it is silly...When I was PG with DS I found out that my best friend was expecting too except hers was an oops and mine was panned. We both had the exact same due date too! We ended up delivering 4 days apart. Sounds like fun to me!

monkeymama 08-28-2006 10:02 PM

I don't think it's silly at all. I got preggo about 5-6 months after my two other close pals got pregnant. I always felt a bit "left out" as they were due one week apart. Their babes were born one week apart and they had a joint first bday party and they remain closer than my DD will ever be to them. I did have a girlfriend due 2 months after me, so a bit closer, but I would love to be preggo at the same time as a friend.