Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Forum Use Questions - Ask the Pros (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Banning Scammers (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=355295)

kannondicarpo 03-04-2008 02:09 PM

Re: Banning Scammers

BURN 'EMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM!

Oops I mean BAN 'EMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM!

:laugh:

mistylaureena 03-04-2008 02:12 PM

yeah but all it would take is for that mama to open up there account form a different IP address and then no one is the wiser. That is easy enough. Use a friend computer and a different email address.

I am sure the mods work as hard as they can to make sure then scammers are not coming back in but if they (the scammers) want in bad enough I am sure there are always ways around it.

LittleLlama 03-04-2008 02:16 PM

It's absurdly easy to come back with a new IP depending on your service provider. On a forum I was on we had a feature that kept "banned" people from logging out but then quarantined them at the same time. It could be gotten around but still it was clever.

cowmommy 03-04-2008 02:17 PM

both accounts were found/banned at the same time. she didn't create one, get banned then create another :thumbsup: I assure you The entire Mod/Admin team are busting our butts to try to keep DS safe, some just manage to slip in under the radar. Bound to happen when there are 20,000 plus members :sadno:

iKim 03-04-2008 02:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cowmommy (Post 2948613)
both accounts were found/banned at the same time. she didn't create one, get banned then create another :thumbsup: I assure you The entire Mod/Admin team are busting our butts to try to keep DS safe, some just manage to slip in under the radar. Bound to happen when there are 20,000 plus members :sadno:

ah okay. so she didn't try to register again under a diff screen name?

mclaybrook 03-04-2008 02:19 PM

Quote:

Thanks for all that you do! :)

mistylaureena 03-04-2008 02:20 PM

Quote:

I completely understand this...I mean I highly doubt MM is running 20,000 + members or anywhere near it so I don't think the OP can even compare DS to MM:thumbsup:

cowmommy 03-04-2008 02:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kim (Post 2948631)
ah okay. so she didn't try to register again under a diff screen name?

she was using both sns at the same time:thumbsup: she has not reregistered since she was banned

iKim 03-04-2008 02:25 PM

did she have to register twice to use both screen names.....did she register twice using the same IP addie.....There is a way to only allow ONE SN per IP addie....I think.

cowmommy 03-04-2008 02:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kim (Post 2948711)
did she have to register twice to use both screen names.....did she register twice using the same IP addie.....There is a way to only allow ONE SN per IP addie....I think.

yes there it but it gets thrown off by the number of users that are using dial up and they will have MANY Ips for each person and sometimes be up to 50 people on the same IP