Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Breastfeeding Support (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   How much milk do you drink? WOW (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=356292)

whippoorwill 03-05-2008 02:34 PM

How much milk do you drink? WOW

Okay, so I have had supply issues/very slow weight gain issues. I went to my GP to talk about it and this is what she asked me!! I sat there dumbfounded, "umm, none, I don't like milk" was my answer. Why am I so slow on my feet these days! :banghead: My ob and pedi are soooooo bf supportive that I was in shock and amazement she asked this question. Really? So if I drink milk I will have more milk? WOW. Still dumbfounded. Guess I will take the much longer trip to my OB.

journey 03-05-2008 02:38 PM

Re: How much milk do you drink? WOW

That's funny, you should have asked, Ummm how much milk does a cow drink? :giggle2:

p1p3r 03-05-2008 02:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by journey (Post 2958114)
That's funny, you should have asked, Ummm how much milk does a cow drink? :giggle2:

THANK you. You don't have to drink milk to make more milk, but drinking more water (liquids in general) will do a lot. There's lots of other things you can do too.

whippoorwill 03-05-2008 02:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by journey (Post 2958114)

I know...I am so slow on my feet these days. It was the oddest experience. The PA looked at me and said, "Well, maybe you are drying up" with a shrug. He is only 13 weeks old.

The dr also kept saying "Breastfeeding is best, you really should do it"
me: "that is why I am here, my son hasn't been gaining weight properly and we are trying to figure out the problem"
her: "your milk hasn't come in yet?"
me: "uhh, no, my milk came in, I think the supply is just not enough"
her: "you really should breastfeed"
:banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Not going back to that place, but still in shock and amzement.

p1p3r 03-05-2008 02:53 PM

I really recommend you find your local LLL and go to a meeting =)

moonphishers 03-05-2008 02:54 PM

Shoot my DS is allergic and havent had any for well over a year...

Did you start a thread about your 'supply' issue?

flobee76 03-05-2008 02:55 PM

LOL... how much milk does a cow drink... that's funny!

journey 03-05-2008 02:57 PM

For me the more water I drank the more milk would come it, or any liquid really, except watch things with caffeine, they are diuretics which can cause dehydration.

Also there are a lot of different mother's milk teas that are supposed to help. Contacting the LLL is a very good idea. :thumbsup:

journey 03-05-2008 02:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flobee76 (Post 2958325)
LOL... how much milk does a cow drink... that's funny!

It seriously sounds like something my lo would say. Or mom how much chocolate does a cow have to eat to make chocolate milk?

Serendipitous Creationz 03-05-2008 03:00 PM

LOL I would have had the same reaction ... oh boy !