Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Pregnancy (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Update! Retested...Has anyone gotten a false BFP or evap with Dollar Tree tests? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=35707)

Adamsmama 08-29-2006 05:43 AM

Update! Retested...Has anyone gotten a false BFP or evap with Dollar Tree tests?

I broke down this morning and tested with a Dollar Tree test. I didn't see anything at first--but around the 10 min. mark there is a faint line--the right color just faint (but not so faint I'm holding it up to the light and squinting). It looks like an early pos. (I'm about 11 dpo today according to my chart).

Update: I retested with FRER this afternoon and got an immediate BFP! (I had very concentrated urine.) Thanks for all your help--guess that wasn't an evap after all. :mrgreen:

~stacy~ 08-29-2006 06:22 AM

Re: Has anyone gotten a false BFP or evap with Dollar Tree tests?

Sounds like it could be an early positive. I have never gotten a false positive with the $tree - only the real thing. I don't know if it has the evap lines or not b/c I was got pg the first cycle I had tried to use those.

Test again in the AM and see if it shows up sooner than the 10 min mark! :crossfingers: :crossfingers: :crossfingers:

GL! :goodvibes: Hopefully it's an early BFP! YAY!

yellowcampcat 08-29-2006 06:33 AM

I tested twice at about 10 and 12dop with dollar tree tests and got very faint lines both times. When I tested on 14 dpo with a cvs test it was obvious. LIke the pp, I actually was pg that cycle, but the drug store test confirmed the dollar tree ones. Best wishes!!:goodvibes:

Blackbirdlane 08-29-2006 07:21 AM

I got a really sensitive test this time and the positive showed up faint but not until after 5 minutes.

sounds like a positive to me. This is my 5th pregnancy and I have never seen an evaporation line?

bobandjess99 08-30-2006 08:52 PM

Re: Update! Retested...Has anyone gotten a false BFP or evap with Dollar Tree tests?

Hi, Adam's momma!
Congrats!
But, i noticed something that troubled me in your sig. It says 4 weeks 5 days..yet if you are only 12 dpo, you are NOT 4 w 5 d, you are 3 w, 5 days...i checked your chart, and you ovulated a week LATE...the "wheel chart" or a due date calculator, assumes women ovulate on day 14....since you did not, you ovulated on day 22, your "due date" going by your LMP, is WRONG. At the end, this could start off a cascade of interventions, including induction, because you are "measuring small for dates" or because you go "overdue", etc.
It is VERY important, if you are using mainstream OB care especially, to make sure they do not screw you out of your "real" due date.
I don't know how you birth or whatever, what your views on natural birth are, etc, but I just wanted to urge you to be sure that your provider uses your TRUE ovualtion date/date of conception, and calculates a CORRECT due date for you, so that you do not fall victim to unecesary interventions and stress!!!!!
That "real" due date is going to be a week LATER than the date according to the "wheel/calculator", because you ovulated a week later than "normal"...so add a week to your due date, momma!!!!!!

Again, CONGRATS!!!!!

serena22304 08-30-2006 10:53 PM

Re: Update! Retested...Has anyone gotten a false BFP or evap with Dollar Tree tests?

congratulations!!!