Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   In The Kitchen (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Help me Clean My Copper Bottom Pots (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=361077)

Kylie&Logan'sMommy 03-10-2008 03:27 PM

Help me Clean My Copper Bottom Pots
 
so i got a great set of copper bottom stainless steel pots. :wub: :wub:

and i am loving cooking with them, but what is the best way to keep them all pretty and shiny and stuff

they keep getting :yuck: looking:(

piccolo41099 03-10-2008 03:29 PM

Re: Help me Clean My Copper Bottom Pots
 
Rub some ketchup on the copper part, let sit for a min and wash off.

They will look just like new.:thumbsup:

Kylie&Logan'sMommy 03-10-2008 03:30 PM

Re: Help me Clean My Copper Bottom Pots
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by piccolo41099 (Post 3003484)
Rub some ketchup on the copper part, let sit for a min and wash off.

They will look just like new.:thumbsup:

NO WAY!

That easy?

OMG ketchup is like a staple here, we always have it

if it is that easy i am going kiss you:roflmbo: :roflmbo:

Rachaelbee 03-10-2008 03:30 PM

Re: Help me Clean My Copper Bottom Pots
 
I'd go with baking soda. pour a 1/2 cup, and gently rub the surface with a wash cloth, for really stuck stuff make a paste with a bit of water baking soda and dawn and let it sit for awhile, then scrub gently.:thumbsup:

piccolo41099 03-10-2008 03:32 PM

Re: Help me Clean My Copper Bottom Pots
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kylie&Logan'sMommy (Post 3003499)
NO WAY!

That easy?

OMG ketchup is like a staple here, we always have it

if it is that easy i am going kiss you:roflmbo: :roflmbo:

Yep, this is what my hubby does to our pots. Always nice and shiny.

Thrice Blessed 03-10-2008 03:32 PM

Re: Help me Clean My Copper Bottom Pots
 
It's that easy -tomato paste as well. Dog, I coulda gotten a kiss :giggle2:

Bar Keepers friend is another one I think you can use on copper-gotta check, though.

Kylie&Logan'sMommy 03-10-2008 03:34 PM

Re: Help me Clean My Copper Bottom Pots
 
:yourock:

you are a genius!!! OMG they look better than brand new!! I was scrubbing and scrubbing all day, i just did that and wiped and rinse and not one spot!

I am telling everyone i know this!!!
:thankyou: :thankyou:

Kylie&Logan'sMommy 03-10-2008 03:53 PM

Re: Help me Clean My Copper Bottom Pots
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Rachaelbee (Post 3003507)
I'd go with baking soda. pour a 1/2 cup, and gently rub the surface with a wash cloth, for really stuck stuff make a paste with a bit of water baking soda and dawn and let it sit for awhile, then scrub gently.:thumbsup:

i think i am going to use that for my daily cleaning:) they were so far gone that i think the ketchup got me back in the game:giggle:


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 12:01 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
vB.Sponsors