Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Breastfeeding Support (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Be honest, do you ever wanna stop BFing? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=36389)

CMamma 08-30-2006 08:38 PM

Be honest, do you ever wanna stop BFing?

Sometimes I think... man it would be easier if I could just give him a bottle or DH could feed him so I can get XXX done (insert whatever task you have to or want to do). I know it's so lazy/selfish... BFing is way easier that having to prep bottles, etc but sometimes I feel horrible inside b/c I have actually tried to negotiate w/myself a reason to stop BFing. I don't "really" want to stop... but sometimes I just think to myself... am I alone?

SerenitysBowtique 08-30-2006 08:46 PM

Re: Be honest, do you ever wanna stop BFing?

I hear you. I sometimes feel the same way. I do give my little one a bottle of formula per day so I can get some stuff done and dh can feed him. I sometimes think I am selfish for not nursing him that one time during the day.

usandthegirls 08-30-2006 08:50 PM

YOu are not selfish-you are a human being! That is normal. I have not BF'd for very long yet, but that is why I quit w/ both my girls. I had horrible PPD and that on top of feeling so overwhelmed due to being the only one who could feed drove me to give up. They tell me though that it gets better if you just tough it out through those times when you feel like quitting.

Try pumping some milk so your DH can give the baby a bottle here and there and you can get a break.

twinsmomkatie 08-30-2006 08:53 PM

I felt like this for about 18 months with my twins! Something was wrong, adn the nursing was very painful for me . . . I hated it!

But it's totally different with my son.

Don't feel selfish, your baby needs a happy mommy just as much as he needs milk. Sometimes you do what you have to do.

Think about the people in your life who have influenced you the most for good . . . any idea if they were breastfed or formula fed?

I DO believe STRONGLY in breastfeeding, but really - think about that last one. :)

mama23boys 08-30-2006 08:55 PM

i hear ya!!!

but on the other hand i look at him and think "WOW-what a happy healthy BIG baby bc of ME and only ME!!!" its a great thing but when he is having one of those days i am thankful i got rid of all formula and bottles-LOL

doberbrat 08-30-2006 09:06 PM

of course. I'm a big believer in bf as well. I've struggled really hard to get to this point. I work out of the home so I have to pump AND bf and everyonce in a while, I want to just say, who the hell cares- give her a bottle. I have other things I want to do. :banghead: I get tired of the yeast issues, the cracked nipps,

then reality sets in and I remember who would have to make it up, wash it, keep track of it blah blah blah :

presleycaedmon 08-30-2006 09:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by doberbrat
then reality sets in and I remember who would have to make it up, wash it, keep track of it blah blah blah :

:yeahthat:

Not a day goes by that I don't think "Man I wish someone else could feed her so I could sleep in/go to bed early/clean the house/go to the grocery store/ etc" But I also love that all she's ever known is breastfeeding. It's tough and there sure are days when those cans of formula lining the baby aisle look mighty tempting! LOL

Hang in there!:goodvibes:

twinsmomkatie 08-30-2006 09:28 PM

Oh, yes, yes, yes to pp - make the pump your friend! Even if you are SAHM. That has been (next to cloth diapers) the smartest "baby thing" we ever bought! (Well, the booster-seat-turned-high-chairs came close; much more convenient than traditional high chairs!)

I always laugh that the "BEST" thing is usually the most cost-efficient, too . . . breastfeeding, cloth diapering, homemade baby food, homeschooling . . . HMMM.

heathersgirls 08-30-2006 09:32 PM

All the time with dd#1. ALL THE TIME!!! I still have those moments with dd#2, that I am so over nursing. I just try to keep in mind that this time will be over before I know it (and maybe sooner because she has been having nursing strikes a lot lately:cry: ).

:hugs: to you.

A'smommy 08-30-2006 09:35 PM

Of course I thought about quitting, especially at first. Even this evening I was cursing my bra and the nursing dress. But at dinner I forgot all about it. And from the beginning I was bound and determined to see it through. It gets easier as their mouths get bigger and their motor skills develop. Once you become more coordinated yourself, you can BF just about anywhere. It's really much easier than lugging around all that gear...doesn't have to be measured...is always the right temperature...has the perfect nutritional content just for your baby...and it's an ego boost to be baby's absolute favorite person in the world.

You CAN do it. Hang in there!
--K