Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Family Planning (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=51)
-   -   Not actively TTC but what is the possibility of this? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=36472)

keegans_mommy 08-31-2006 05:49 AM

Not actively TTC but what is the possibility of this?

Ok, here I am hoping at my one last shot of a new baby for the next 2 weeks.

My DH and I have been going through an "active" faze and we uses a condom for BC only. Well, we have not been putting it on until almost the last minute and I know that some swimmers escape pre-ejaculation but how many and is it enough for PG? I know it's a looooooooong shot but I guess there is a possiblity for us yet.

Oh, keep your fingers crossed. I am hoping :goodvibes:

Sweetforestcat 08-31-2006 06:09 AM

Re: Not actively TTC but what is the possibility of this?

I know you want to be hopeful but...I honestly do not know but in past research I have done it seems to be a rumour that sperm are even in the pre-ejaculatory fluid frpm the Cowper's gland. It doesn't work like that..the valve that releases sperm does not open up a little bit before a full ejaculation occurs. I will go and do some more research again and give you some links.

This was my argument for using the withdrawal method with DH for 2 1/2 years as our only method of birth control and it worked successfully in not getting PG.

Of course, I know two couples that got PG using condoms...so maybe!

keegans_mommy 08-31-2006 06:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sweetforestcat
I know you want to be hopeful but...I honestly do not know but in past research I have done it seems to be a rumour that sperm are even in the pre-ejaculatory fluid. It doesn't work like that..the valve that releases sperm does not open up a little bit before a full ejaculation occurs. I will go and do some more research again and give you some links.

This was my argument for using the withdrawal method with DH for 2 1/2 years as our only method of birth control and it worked successfully in not getting PG.

Of course, I know two couples that got PG using condoms...so maybe!

Ah pickles! :( (watching too much higgly town hero's LOL) I thought about searching the net but I wouldn't know what to look for :headscratch:

Shay 08-31-2006 06:11 AM

I guess there is a small chance. No form of BC is totally safe.

I had a friend who took the used condon and removed the sperm. Then she inserted it and and got pregnant.:giggle:

keegans_mommy 08-31-2006 06:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shay
I guess there is a small chance. No form of BC is totally safe.

I had a friend who took the used condon and removed the sperm. Then she inserted it and and got pregnant.:giggle:

How in the HECK did she do that????? And was her DH upset with her for doing that behind his back? Yikes! I would be afraid that brian would be very upset and if he never found out, I would feel guilty for the rest of my life. EEk!

SugarBunsWool&More 08-31-2006 06:54 AM

There's always a chance mama! Here's hoping for you!! :hugs:

Shay 08-31-2006 06:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keegans_mommy
How in the HECK did she do that????? And was her DH upset with her for doing that behind his back? Yikes! I would be afraid that brian would be very upset and if he never found out, I would feel guilty for the rest of my life. EEk!

She dumped the sperm into a cup and sucked it up with an eye dropper.:yuck: She them inserted it umm you know.:blush: Well she was 15 yrs old and her BF never found out. He just thought the condom leaked or broke.:headscratch:They were not two of the smartest people. They are now married and have 4 kids though.

keegans_mommy 08-31-2006 07:06 AM

Quote:

She dumped the sperm into a cup and sucked it up with an eye dropper.:yuck: She them inserted it umm you know.:blush: Well she was 15 yrs old and her BF never found out. He just thought the condom leaked or broke.:headscratch:They were not two of the smartest people. They are now married and have 4 kids though.

Wow, I wonder if she is riddled with guilt for that and at 15!!!! Wow! Ok, I just got sick thinking about the slimy stuff :yuck: I think I will leave the possibility of being PG with God and not an eye dropper LOL

Sweetforestcat 08-31-2006 07:51 AM

" pre-ejaculate does not have any viable sperm in it; but if he ejaculated recently, there could be leftover sperm that come out before the second ejaculation. It's best if he urinates between ejaculations to clear the tubes."

One quote....oh..gotta find the ink to it! duh me!

here is one read all the way down

"...it is a common belief that pre-ejaculate has sperm in it, but examination of it in recent years has found that it has little to none. For years we were all taught that pregnancy could occur from any contact of the penis to the opening of the vagina, and we all live with that information today; even my colleagues on sexualhealth.com. I am going by the present research as recent as the early 2000's."

http://www.sexualhealth.com/question...nel=1&topic=20

OneFabMama 08-31-2006 08:55 AM

Quote:

groooooossssssss:yuck: at least they are still together though lol