Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Pregnancy (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   S/O how long did it take to lose the weight? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=36556)

AngelMommy 08-31-2006 10:38 AM

S/O how long did it take to lose the weight?

I don't know if this is where it goes, but...

How long did it take for you to lose the weight you gained during pregnancy?

Almost two years later I'm 3 lbs from my prepreg. weight.

Leininger27 08-31-2006 10:45 AM

Re: S/O how long did it take to lose the weight?

I am 3 months pp with my 4th pregnancy and have lost all of my pregnancy weight plus some! :)

Severine 08-31-2006 10:53 AM

Technically, it was gone (plus an additional 2 pounds!) by 9 days post-partum....

However, I gained most of it back after I quit BFing. :blush: I cracked down in April and by the time DD turned 1, I was back to my pre-preg weight (and am now almost 10 lbs below my pre-preg weight at 14 months).

TwinKristi 08-31-2006 10:55 AM

I'd lost all my pregnancy weight from #5 by 6 mos PP and then gained a couple lbs back but lost them again! LOL I'm still working on the pregnancy pounds from #4 and have about 35lbs to go... :blush:

I lost 30 of my 61lbs with my twins when I left the hospital and lost the rest within a yr. I lost my pregnant lbs w/ #3 within a yr as well. I tend to get pregnant again right around the 1yr mark (not this time I hope! LOL) and hadn't lost it all when I got pregnant w/ #5.

Knittress 08-31-2006 11:01 AM

I was down to my pre-pregnancy weight at 6 weeks post partum. I was five pounds above it at my 4 week pp check. I gained 30lbs (about 6lbs. of retained water... eek) and was in the middle of my healthy weight range for height when I began. Plus I bf... so I think those all factor in.

Mommy2Cadence 08-31-2006 11:04 AM

I never really had time to keep track of my weight pp. I was in the Army, but I know around three months or so pp I had to buy new pants cause mine were too big. So somewhere along the line I lost more than what I started with.

Blackbirdlane 08-31-2006 11:11 AM

:giggle: hmm, there isn't really a choice for me. I was back down to my pre-preg weight about a week after delivering.

of course I still hung on to the flab and the big boobs until I was done nursing

AngelMommy 08-31-2006 11:16 AM

I should add that I lost all of my pregnancy weight plus 7 lbs while on a very strict elimination type diet while breastfeeding. Once I started adding foods back in, however, I binged on everything I couldn't have before... So back up to 3 lbs less than my heaviest during pregnancy. I'm just starting to get serious about losing it... We'll see what happens.

meemo96 08-31-2006 11:21 AM

I lost it pretty early on. can't remember exactly, but it was within the first few weeks. now i'm under...and can't seem to get it back. maybe it's time for another baby... :D

tessa1002 08-31-2006 11:39 AM

wow, and I thought I was doing good. :( I can't believe all you guys lost your weight so fast! its been almost 11 months since I had my kid and I'm still about 5-10lbs over my pre-pregnancy weight. and I'm not even gonna go into all the other delightful changes my body has gone through. how is it even possible before for A cup boobs to sag?! lol.