Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Parenting Talk (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   15 month old not walking? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=365681)

christy005 03-15-2008 01:01 PM

15 month old not walking?

How many of your children didn't/don't walk at 15 months?

He could walk, i feel, if he wanted to. He just doesn't. He can walk when I hold his hand, and he can cruise and crawl very well.

When should I worry?

benjaminsmom 03-15-2008 03:47 PM

Re: 15 month old not walking?

my ds started at 12.5 months, but i believe the normal range is 9-19 months. So I wouldn't worry yet. They all do it in their own time. HTH

Kanga 03-15-2008 03:48 PM

I know of several personally that didnt' walk until 15-16 months. Perosnally I'd get worried around 18 months.

OrangeBananas 03-15-2008 03:52 PM

my oldest took his first steps a few days shy of 15 months, my second took his first steps just after a year but didn't walk completely until a couple months later. While my 10 month old is already standing and walking along furniture, I wouldn't sorry just yet! All babies are different :hugs:

mayrain 03-15-2008 03:56 PM

my oldest dd took a couple of steps at 18 months and she NEVER crawled or rolled. she was healthy and happy and talking. i wasn't worried - each baby does stuff when they are ready and it doesn't sound like your little one has any delays/physical problems especially if he is cruising AND crawling.
is there some other reason you are concerned?

Harmony96 03-15-2008 04:02 PM

DD is 15 months and one week and she doesn't walk yet either. Like your LO, she cruises very well, crawls so fast I almost can't catch her, and walks with help. I have to hold both of her hands, though. If it's just one, then she walks in a circle :giggle: or just drops down to crawl.

momto3Es 03-15-2008 04:06 PM

My DD didn't walk until she was about 15.5 months old. I think she could have if she wanted to, but she preferred to crawl. She was fast!

cellydaniel 03-15-2008 04:08 PM

My dd started walking when she was 18 months. She was pretty satisfied with crawling to explore and never really wanted to stand up. I was getting very worried but I didn't want to force her. Finally, about a week after her 18 months b day, she decided to take her first step. Compared to other kids her age (she is 21 months now), her balance and walking skill is not as advanced but she is catching up :)

debmom2boyz 03-15-2008 06:46 PM

My son will be 15 months on 3/22, and he just took his first unassisted steps yesterday!!!!!!!

He was a bit more adventurous today....but not full on walking yet. I was getting worried, but I've heard so many walking at this stage and older.

My oldest walked at 10 months....go figure

ladylee 03-15-2008 07:56 PM

I would be concerned if you notice low muscle tone or limited range of motion in the legs. If your little one is crawling everywhere I wouldn't be too concerned but it still would be something I would follow up with the doctor.