Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Parenting Talk (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   DD's Early Intervention saga (4/1 annual update in #105) (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=366025)

Harmony96 03-15-2008 08:40 PM

DD's Early Intervention saga (4/1 annual update in #105)

I called Early Intervention today. Or I emailed them, rather. I'll call on Tuesday or Wednesday if I don't hear back from them.

The "what ifs" in my head finally won over the "she's probably normal." DD is 15 months now and still has zero words. I was watching a few of her old videos from a couple of months ago... and she's really still about the same as she was then. That was the clincher for me, not that she still has zero words, but she hasn't changed in a few months. I decided to pursue an evaluation for her. I just hope that the wait isn't too terribly long.

Hope someone comes and gives me some :hugs:.

ETA 4/1/09 (one year later, lol): See my updates later on in the thread, but she is doing much better now. :)

Emily Whited 03-15-2008 08:43 PM

Re: Well I did it... I called Early Intervention

:hugs: :hugs: :hugs:
I know what you are going through. My DS is 2 and I had questions since he was 15 months but everyone just told me to wait. We have about 10 words at best and they are not used very often. Anyway, we got an evaluation for April 3. You are in my thoughts.

physlet 03-15-2008 08:43 PM

:hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

I hope you don't have to wait too long and that you find out everything is fine.

kissum 03-15-2008 08:44 PM

:hugs: I hope that everything is fine.
If for some reason she's not on track, you did the right thing, because the sooner you know there is something to work on the sooner you can get started. Best of luck!

Serendipitous Creationz 03-15-2008 10:59 PM

:hugs:

CourtneyinAlaska 03-15-2008 11:53 PM

:hugs:

DS has been in EI for severe speech delay since he turned two. It's really helping! :thumbsup:

one_lucky_mom 03-15-2008 11:58 PM

:bighug:

starryeyedgyal 03-16-2008 12:29 AM

:hugs: :hugs: :hugs: mama!

Mom2MaggieSue 03-16-2008 12:44 AM

I did the exact same thing when DD was about the same age. We had the intake interview right before she turned 17 months and the eval right after. In that 10 day period she went from saying only no and dog to saying about 12 words. Of course she said none of them at the eval so we are still getting services (yet to start, whole other story). So I guess what I'm trying to say is I completely understand what you're going through, I did the exact same thing. YOu never know when they will start talking, and when they do...oi. PM me if you ever want to, sometimes it's easier to talk to someone who understands.

Harmony96 03-16-2008 06:16 AM

Thanks for all the support, everyone. I did hear back already, sort of. The first person I emailed said that based on where I live, I need to contact such and such a person. So I emailed that other person... and received what looks and feels like an auto-reply, saying that she's out of the office this whole week. So I guess it'll be NEXT Tuesday or Wednesday that I call.

I've thought about calling ECI earlier, and I just hope now is not too late, KWIM?