Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Family Planning (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=51)
-   -   Joining you ladies :) (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=36767)

upstategirl 08-31-2006 07:59 PM

Joining you ladies :)

Well dh and I have not been TTC but, not stopping it either. I have been wanting to get preg since last Dec, and I'm still not. I know when I'm fertile and have been making sure we have sex around that time. I'm still not pg. Two times (once last week) I thought for sure I was but, not yet. :( So, I think now not only am I going to keep track of my cycle but, I think I'm going to start using the strips. That is how I got pg with Bruce. We were trying for 9 months then I used the strip and got pg. So, we shall see what happens. Oh, I do have a question. For two months my cycle was 30 days then, this past cycle was 35. What should I put for finding out the day I O?

monkeymama 08-31-2006 11:39 PM

Re: Joining you ladies :)

I've never used the strips, so don't know how they work, so can't answer your question... but....
YAY! Happy TTC!

The best way to know when you O is by taking your temp first thing in morning - wake up, reach over for your thermometer on your nightstand and take your temp. Don't walk around/get up - this will increase your BBT.

one of my friends had a 29 day cycle. Would DTD around CD 12-20 every other day. Well, they did this for 2 years, no results.

As it turns out, once she started measuring her BBT, it turns out she was ovulating on CD 26!!! So having sex around the completely wrong time!!!

Needless to say, they got preggers right away as soon as they discovered that.

Temp and CM are good indicators.... good luck!!

Bare Bottom Gear 09-01-2006 12:06 AM

I took temp from nightstand every morning (I kept a chart) and when it was higher I knew that was the time.

Took 2 tries and we were preg.

Also, just a note, sometimes DTD just to do it for the purpose of getting preggers becomes not so fun especially when you're charting. Make sure dtd is passionate, loving, full of emotion too.

Also, having your *moments* at the same exact time helps pull the *guys* up to where they need to go. LOL he he he

GL!

upstategirl 09-01-2006 09:09 AM

I should start doing my temp but, I know their would be days I would forget so, I don't think I'm going to do that. I keep track of my cm and usally am good about knowing the day I o but, sometimes I don't plan it right. I don't tell dh when I'm fertile just to make it more fun for him. I have never said to him, I'm fertile and we have to have sex. lol I think one major thing is just having sex more. After having Bruce is went down a lot, I hate to say. lol