Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   EC - Elimination Communication (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=128)
-   -   tiny trainers? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=368189)

abharrington 03-18-2008 10:15 AM

tiny trainers?

sorry if this is already posted...i just am terrible at searching. dd goes on the potty many times a day (8 - 12) and i am sotired of putting that prefold, snappi and cover back on!! i want a pull up style panty or trainer...so what to buy? she is little...fits perfectly in a snappied yellow edge infant GMD prefold and a small thirsties cover. she is 14 mo and 23 lbs, with a tiny heiny.

i would like some all cotton and some with a hidden PUL layer. i like the look and style if the imse vimse trainers but am not sure they are small enough. also, would like something a little less expensive :blush: (<$10 each would be great!)

any suggestions much appreciated!! also, B&M stores that carry cloth/cotton trainig pants would be great too.

TIA!!

lindsayjean 03-18-2008 01:45 PM

Re: tiny trainers?

I'm also looking for something like this!! Someone help! We have 1 imse vimse size small trainer. It's starting weight is 22lbs- DD weighs 20lbs so I thought we could get buy, but our first miss she peed right out the leg hole- I'd like something that could at least contain one measly pee for a couple minutes haha.

I've found a few options, but none cheaper than like $16 a pop, bleh. I too tire of prefolds- mainly because my DD gets SO upset when I lay her on the changing table I would so much rather just pull some trainers up.

a_marines_wife03 03-18-2008 02:02 PM

I hear the Jc Penny trainers work good for little ones because you can wash and dry them on HOT and they will shrink up quite a bit. but i dont think they are water proof. Iv started making my own trainers they arnt water proof either i cant afford PUL But i put a layer of thin flece and two layers of an absorbent material and they will hold one pee and my carpet hasent gotten wet yet. i dont know if that really helps you any or not

allielb 03-18-2008 10:40 PM

Most trainers I've seen that actually fit an ECing baby (less that 2yo) are more than $10. I have gotten some 18month gerber trainers that shrunk down well, but still are a bit too big. And the 2T trainers are even worse; they get way stretched out by the end of the day, so that they look ridiculous, more like boxer briefs. But they function fine under pants.
The EC store has some non-waterproof for $11, but you'd have to pay shipping. Here is a recent thread on trainers:
http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/...light=trainers

beccalriley 03-18-2008 10:56 PM

poquito pants are the best IMO. Also we have had some precious coverings that worked well..I also had some snap-ez trainers. I love a lot of the EC store's stuff also. hmm...I know I've had a few more. I will post more if I think of any others.

maudandmuse 03-22-2008 08:48 AM

I'm looking, too, for a 13 pounder. His butt is kinda large though! Will try Penny's--thanks!

cyryen 03-22-2008 03:52 PM

Well, have you considered getting some wool to go ever them to help hold in everything?
DS is pretty small and I was just thinking of getting a bunch of the gerber and putting some wool covers on him.
What do you all think of that?

abharrington 03-22-2008 04:56 PM

thanks for the responses. we are trying some gerber 2T and wee essentials (JC pennys) 3T, both of which are still too big. i am going to hunt for some 18mo in the gerber an 2T in the pennys brand.

just fyi...the gerber have a thicker crotch pannel, which i like a little better. i got ours at walmart for $6.xx for 3 pairs and the wee essentials at pennys for $8 per 2 pair, but they were buy one get one 50% off, so i actually bought 4 pair for $12. not too bad.

we are using them around the house and dd LOVES them. for going out i use a pocket dipe or put a thirsties cover over the trainers.

Cranberrycove 03-22-2008 05:31 PM

I'm working on a pattern right now for a trainer that would be perfect for what you're looking for I think. Especially if you're using prefolds now. I'm not quite to the point of "going public" with it yet as I'm still tweaking it. But details are coming soon! :) .....

abharrington 03-29-2008 12:52 PM

Cranberrycove...i'd love to know when its ready!!

also wanted to add we are using the pennys trainers in 2T and they are a little big but work fine. we aren't ready for going out in just trainers, but i do want to try some of the imse vimse for when that time comes.