Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Healthy Living and Weightloss (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Breastfeeding mamas weight loss thread, Lets try this again! (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=368269)

calind115 03-18-2008 11:21 AM

Breastfeeding mamas weight loss thread, Lets try this again!

So I am scratching and clawing my way back onto the wagon:banghead: . DD and I both got sick for awhile so I just gave up and focused on us. So here I am 10 lbs heavier needing to get up off my butt!:banghead: Ok, so I have cut out my addiction to cookies and cream ice cream and moved to oatmeal cookies instead. I am also going to ride my bike for 30 minutes everyday when dh gets home from work so hopefully I can at least get this 10 lbs back off and hopefully more then that. How ar eyou ladies doing? Anyone still working at it??

ammcmaho 03-18-2008 12:45 PM

Re: Breastfeeding mamas weight loss thread, Lets try this again!

I'm looking forward to getting started but we're only 3 weeks PP... I'm eating worse than when I was pregnant... A friend brought chips and cheese over and then I ate a whole box of cracker jack! Definitely not eating healthy enough!

Mirasmom 03-18-2008 12:48 PM

Pretty sure I GAINED over 5 lbs AFTER I delivered ds- there were tons of ppl in town, cheesecakes, my mil wouldn't stop buying easter candy, they give you desert at every meal in the hospital, etc etc etc. Plus I have no self control.:banghead: I weighed 181 when I went in to have him and at 1 week pp I weighed 168! AH! I can't seriously have only lost 13 lbs in delivery! He was 7 lbs! So I'm working on it slowly but surely. I was down to 167 at 2 weeks pp. I go tomorrow to take dd to get her well baby check up so I'll weigh again then...

naivete 03-18-2008 12:54 PM

I really got my butt in gear in January to lose weight, and since then have lost 18lbs. I've been a little lax too, I only do the elliptical once a week, and I do pilates once a week, other then that it's been a combination of eating more properly and the fact that I went back to work, so I walk to the train station every day, and go up the killer flight of stairs.

lisad1 03-18-2008 01:11 PM

Ooh can I join too? I am still 30 lbs overweight and dd is 6 months old tomorrow :crying: I was doing so well going to the gym 3x/week but I am starting a home business and have been so caught up in that for the past 2 months that I've neglected myself altogether (it's 3pm here and I'm still not dressed either :giggle: ) Naivete - do you find pilates is good for weight loss? There is a class at my gym I was thinking of trying :goodvibes:

naivete 03-18-2008 01:14 PM

I find it is. It's not high intensity, but it's also not easy. I do pilates with a resistance band, and there's some parts of the workout where I feel like screaming because my muscles are about to pop out of my skin and I quite honestly cannot do another repitition - and I do anyways. I find a good 20 minute pilates workout knocks me on my butt for days - which is why I only do it once a week right now. It's literally hard to walk the day after, especially now with the resistance band.

lisad1 03-18-2008 01:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by naivete (Post 3072801)
I find it is. It's not high intensity, but it's also not easy. I do pilates with a resistance band, and there's some parts of the workout where I feel like screaming because my muscles are about to pop out of my skin and I quite honestly cannot do another repitition - and I do anyways. I find a good 20 minute pilates workout knocks me on my butt for days - which is why I only do it once a week right now. It's literally hard to walk the day after, especially now with the resistance band.

Wow sounds like fun, can't wait to start! :giggle: OK really though I think I will try it out next week

calind115 03-18-2008 02:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by naivete (Post 3072801)

Maybe I need to start using a resistance band!:giggle:

ishyfishie 03-18-2008 03:29 PM

Dh and I have been trying to get our act together for a loooong time but are finally cracking down! I still have 15 lbs or so to lose to get down to pre-pregnancy weight, and I'd like to lose another 10 on top of that, to start off with. My goal is to get to pre-preg weight by the time dd is 9 months, which will be June 9th. We're starting Weight Watchers (just the points, not the meetings) because that's the only diet-type thing we've ever been able to stick to and we both lost some weight on that a couple years ago. As soon as it's somewhat warm out here, we'll start walking every evening...until then, exercise is a really tough thing for us! I think once we start eating better, we'll start feeling better and will be more inclined to exercise! Hope so, at least! :giggle:

jayamy 03-18-2008 11:32 PM

Just found this thread! My lo is almost 9 months and still nurses every couple of hours - I am starving at night - around this time actually - stop me from going to that fridge - oh - no - going going - oh darn - now I am hungry again. :banghead:

I need to lose 20lbs - will be happy with 10 though - I am not killing myself to fit into my jeans -:giggle: