Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Parenting Talk (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   When did your LO start teething?? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=368691)

maddy 03-18-2008 06:15 PM

When did your LO start teething??

The title says it all:goodvibes:
My dd is 3 months old and she is drooling and chewing on toys. Is this really early?

nothingtosee 03-18-2008 06:29 PM

Re: When did your LO start teething??

Ds started around 3 months.

oddduck 03-18-2008 06:40 PM

DD's 7.5 months and hasn't started yet :giggle:

I was born a tooth, but didn't start teething until I was 14 months - my mom managed to knock out my tooth while she was bathing me when I was a couple weeks old :headscratch: .

mommyfrog 03-18-2008 06:43 PM

All of them were between 4 and 5 months when they got their first tooth. I had one nephew who was 10 months before he got his first tooth, so there is a wide "normal" range for teething. Oh yeah, they all lost their first tooth when they were 5 years old. Kind of early on that too I guess. My middle ds was the only one in his preschool class who lost a tooth. His b-day is in early September, so he was 5 right after preschool started. That was a pretty cool thing in preschool I guess. All the other kids wanted to lose one too!!

MW69842 03-18-2008 07:37 PM

My daughter's first tooth broke through (bottom right, center) on February 24th... 7 months + 4 days. Her second tooth (bottom left, center) broke through yesterday.

Teething is largely genetic, so if you know when you or your DH started teething that'd be a good indicator.

I got my first two teeth (bottom... same two that DD has now) 2 days before I turned 8 months old. And my next 4 teeth (top center and on either side of the two bottom) 2.5 months later.

YiddoBug 03-18-2008 08:14 PM

DD1 was about 4 months.

DD2 started 'acting' (drooling, gnoshing, etc) like she was teething at around 3 months, but her first tooth came in when she was nearly 8 months.

katesmash 03-18-2008 08:15 PM

My DD is 4 months + 1 week old, and hasn't cut a tooth yet... but I have a feeling that it will be soon. She drools a lot and has started wanting to put toys in her mouth, and has her hands in there a lot too... or my hand if its close enough to her. my mom says I got mine fairly late.. dont' know when hubby got his

Bridym 03-18-2008 09:37 PM

my ds started drooling a lot at 3 months but didn't get his first tooth till 7 months.

My dd didn't drool a drop! she got her first tooth at 10 months, and at 19 months only has 8 teeth.

BeckyP 03-18-2008 09:38 PM

started at 3 months and cut at 4

cindylouhoo 03-18-2008 10:26 PM

Ella started teething off and on starting around 3 months and she cut her first tooth at 6 months.