Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Parenting Talk (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   2 1/2 year old spirited potty-learner... (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=369224)

mommymilk 03-19-2008 11:08 AM

2 1/2 year old spirited potty-learner...

Need I say more?

He doesn't want to wear diapers...fights me tooth and nail not to put one on. Refuses underwear. Refuses to try to sit on the potty. Would rather run around cold and naked, and pee on the floor. Or poop on the floor for that matter. This is making me crazy! He has asked to use the potty before, and I refused (thinking it was a joke again) and he pooped in his dipe. I know he is ready, at least to try. I am not forcing the issue, as we are going to be moving in the next few months, as well as a new baby coming that will turn his world totally up side down. So I figured I would wait. But his fighting is making me insane! Any suggestions???

I would put some BL on him and let him run around naked and turn the heat up if he would actually pee in the potty, or at least TRY...he refuses. I am not going to turn my heat up to 75 for a kid to run around naked and pee on my floor. Oh please, someone help me!

dragondance 03-19-2008 02:17 PM

Re: 2 1/2 year old spirited potty-learner...

Oh, I want to know too!! Dd did that for a while then went back to diapers :yuck:

MrsJLH 03-19-2008 02:20 PM

We (me and older son) took a SPECIAL trip to the store and bought whatever underwear he wanted. I made a big deal about it all the way to the cash register. He helped pay for them. (The cashier got in on it being a big deal.) We went home. "Threw away" the diapers. And he's been wearing underwear since.

We're not accident free and pooping on the potty is STILL a HUGE issue (this has been a week and a half now). But he doesn't want to wear "baby diapers." We're also making use of a sticker chart. I need to buy more stickers tomorrow!

Best of luck!

tallanvor 03-19-2008 02:24 PM

Does your LO have his own potty? If not, get him his own potty and even consider putting it in whatever room you spend most of your time in. Perhaps if he knows it's right there instead of down the hall he'd be more likely to use it.

mommymilk 03-20-2008 04:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tallanvor (Post 3083012)
Does your LO have his own potty? If not, get him his own potty and even consider putting it in whatever room you spend most of your time in. Perhaps if he knows it's right there instead of down the hall he'd be more likely to use it.

He does have his own potty. He even picked it out (it worked for my oldest!) and I have taken it into the playroom and such when he is insistent on running around naked. But because he is a SK, he is VERY particular. We don't go potty on the potty in the playroom, we got potty on the potty in the bathroom! That is what he will tell me. He will also take off whatever dipe he has on, cover, PF and snappi...he is so proud of this. He will then ask to use the potty, we will go in the bathroom, he will put the lid down on his potty, jump off and run out of the room naked. He thinks the whole process is funny, because then I have to catch him and put on a diaper, which he fights. I have also tried not chasing him, and letting him do whatever for awhile. Doesn't work. GGGGGRRRRRRR:banghead: