Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Pregnancy (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Thought I was lucky this time...but I now have morning sickness :( (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=36931)

TaivensMama 09-01-2006 11:05 AM

Thought I was lucky this time...but I now have morning sickness :(

Well, with Tay I had morning (well all day) sickness untill 2 weeks before he arrived and he was 5 days late...so I found out we were expecting at 3 weeks and I thought I was in the clear to not have the barfs this time...but yesterday it started full force...guess since I will be 6 weeks tomorrow it is now the stage I found out I was preggo with tay and that too is when the sickness started with him...I just thought I might get lucky this time...BUT I am a little happy at the same time...because all I want to do is eat...so I don't have to feel so guilty knowing it will all likely come up anyway!!! I was affraid I would be the size of Utah before I had this baby! With Tay I never even so much as had to wear maternity clothes, but I was also 19 when I had him...now I am only pounds shy of my full preggo weight with him and just dreaded getting even bigger with this baby....It is common in my family to get sick and to actually lose weight during pregnancy...I was down 10 pounds at 5 months along with tay and my sis is down 30 pounds at 6 months along with her baby right now!...Who knew pregnancy would be a way to lose weight!....

Has anyone found the acidic feeling in the belly is heightened by prenatals???...I swear everytime I take them I get more acid meaning more sickness....I know I have to take em but it seems to make the sickness worse which means no food is staying there long enough to nourish the baby...sort of a catch 22...I guess I would get sick either way, just seems like more with the pills...

OK sorry for rambling...just havn't been posting much lately...but things will start to settle down and get back to normal

presleycaedmon 09-01-2006 11:27 AM

Re: Thought I was lucky this time...but I now have morning sickness :(

It sounds like you suffer from Hyperemesis. I have it too and it's hereditary (sp?). :yuck:

http://www.hyperemesis.org/

People continually try to give me tips and tricks to help with the nausea when I'm pregnant and they DON'T WORK! And yes, prenatals make it much worse. I finally stopped taking mine because they would just be puked up whole about 15 minutes after I took them.

On the bright side, you seem to have a much better attitude about the sickness then I did with this last pregnancy! LOL However, I think at 6 weeks I was just happy to know that the baby was ok. By 20 weeks I was hanging my head in the toilet and bawling my eyes out! :cry:

Fuzzi Fannies Creations 09-01-2006 11:35 AM

I have that too.. hyperemesis.. puking all the freaking time.. but I called my doctor and requested ZOfran... OMG it is the best stuff.. i have not puked ina while and it lets me still function thru the day! Hope you get some relief.. if it helps to take your vits right before bed.. do that!

Julesmom23girls 09-01-2006 12:38 PM

I have heard that instead of taking your prenatal you can take 2 flinstone type kids vitamins. Maybe if you took one in the morning one later in the day it wouldn't make you feel as sick. Just a thought, or have you tried taking your prenatal later in the day, maybe morning just isn't good for you. I also had to stop taking my prenatal for a while. I didn't have hyperemisis, but just such sever nausea that I couldn't eat, lost 10 lbs the first 2 mo. Everyone is different. I hope you find something that helps you feel better and I hope the sickness doesn't last long.

rebeccah5 09-01-2006 01:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Julesmom23girls
I have heard that instead of taking your prenatal you can take 2 flinstone type kids vitamins. Maybe if you took one in the morning one later in the day it wouldn't make you feel as sick. Just a thought, or have you tried taking your prenatal later in the day, maybe morning just isn't good for you. I also had to stop taking my prenatal for a while. I didn't have hyperemisis, but just such sever nausea that I couldn't eat, lost 10 lbs the first 2 mo. Everyone is different. I hope you find something that helps you feel better and I hope the sickness doesn't last long.

:yeahthat: I also took Flinstones when I was PG, and for some weird reason they didn't gross me out like prenatals did. My OB said that it really isn't crucial to take prenatals, you mostly just need to be sure to take folic acid. Later on it is also important to get iron, too, so if you get Flinstones, get the ones with Iron.

Bare Bottom Gear 09-01-2006 01:10 PM

Also, take Vit B (I think) when you wake up (take it while in bed) and then wait a bit to get up. That helps morning sickness. Also, eat a couple of crackers before leaving the bed.

That is what I did and never puked ONCE. With my dd I threw up all the time! Though, I didn't know about the Vit B or crackers!

MyKylie 09-01-2006 10:36 PM

I am 21 weeks and still have naesua and throw up. :( I haven't ever taken prenatals, b/c they make me so sick no matter what. I take reg vits with folic acid supp. I feel your pain. I HATE people giving me well meaning advice on m/s...like "try saltines" like "really you're kidding I never tought of that in my 5MONTHS of barfing!!!"
I did try B-6 supp and ginger root supps for a while...maybe helped a tiny bit, but I gave up on them after I barfed them up b/c ginger root stings coming back up. :yuck:

shell015 09-01-2006 10:39 PM

I was put on Aldomet (a bloodpressure med) at 14 weeks. I was never sick before but after being put on it I became very sick. I lost 80lbs during my pregnancy. It was a good thing for me, but the sickness was no fun. I hope that you don't have to go through it the whole pregnancy. Best Wishes. If you take vitamin B seperate from your prenates it helps out a lot. You may want to try it.

christiansmom 09-03-2006 09:30 PM

Uuggghh, mama! I feel so bad for you. I remember when I got pregnant with my son (my one and only) I PRAYED for morning sickness because I got pregnant after YEARS of infertility and finally succeeded with IVF/ICSI but now I realize just how lucky I was. I hope that you aren't sick your entire pregnancy. Maybe this time will be different. If not, I would talk with your doctor and see if something can be done. :hugs:

Timetodance 09-03-2006 09:35 PM

Ugh, I feel for you. My mom never had morning sickness, and mine and my sisters was horrible. My doctor perscribed chewable prenatals for me. She did not think that the kids vitamins had enough of what she wanted me to have (I am a veggie and she was concerned about my iron and other things). The smartstart chewables did not get me sick at all.

Good luck!!

and congrats :goodvibes: