Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Breastfeeding Support (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Thanks! (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=371346)

*Alabamamom* 03-21-2008 06:13 PM

Thanks!

:goodvibes:

*Alabamamom* 03-21-2008 06:14 PM

Re: Was told 3 times today to stop BF

He will be 2 on the 28th if anyone was wondering his age.. so, he's not in kindergarten or anything.. lol

ClothDiaperMePlease 03-21-2008 06:14 PM

If the Lac. thinks its ok, then it should be mama! The Drs are CYA.

odentonmom 03-21-2008 08:34 PM

I am nursing my youngest son 2 or 3x/day. He just turned 2 a few days ago. Don't let anyone pressure you to rush weaning him.

I just checked on Dr. Thomas Hale's website and it says that Cipro is approved by the AAP for breastfeeding moms. Also, the amount of any drug that is passed to a toddler who is only nursing such a small amount is not much compared to an infant who is taking in a much greater volume.

LilHippyMamma 03-21-2008 09:04 PM

I'm nursing a almost 17 month old right now, I get a lot of flack for it too from some people. Hang in there!

ClothDiaperMePlease 03-21-2008 09:06 PM

I wanted to add, even if he was in Kindergarten, that is totally ok with me, lol. You do what is best for you and YOUR child. Not your mom or anyone else! :2cents:

pbjmama 03-21-2008 10:11 PM

I wish you had more supportive people around! You are the mama and the mama knows what is good for the baby. Hang in there!

cassondruh 03-21-2008 10:27 PM

awww, don't let the pressure break you down... I think there are a lot of polite ways to tell people that their advice is unsolicited... Sometimes silence says it all; other times I just smile and nod, and keep on doing my thing :)

:hugs: mama

skyericsson 03-22-2008 01:03 AM

HAH!

DD "child-led-weaned" at age 4 years old! Two mths after our DS was born.
Please...... do you know how many times from family and "others" that I was told... I SHOULD LET GO?!?!? Sorry but WT!@%$@:headscratch: She weaned herself! And that was fine for us. Before I got prego I was going to only nurse until 3mths or so, well that came and went and I would never force wean DS now (he is 6mths old). You listen to your toddler and yourself.... forget what others say.
:hugs: mama:hugs:

jason&jilliansmama 03-22-2008 01:06 AM

My 16 month old just self-weaned this past week. I heard flack about weaning her since her first birthday. I just didn't have it in me to just take it away just b/c she was a year old!