Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Pregnancy (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Update on our family (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=37252)

Abunchofus 09-02-2006 09:05 AM

Update on our family

Hi ladies! I haven't been on here much since we lost Joseph in early July. I just couldn't think about newborn diapers and we had school starting back up and were just very busy. But one of the ladies here saw me on fertility friend and said she recognized me from DS and so I thought I would check back in! It's just been busy here - our youngest has learned to walk and is such a delight! I now have 4 in school instead of just 2 last year! Our almost 3 yr old is potty training so that adds an intersting bit in there.

Well - Here is the scoop ladies:

I tested day before yesterday morning (Thursday) with an IC and it was ever so faintly positive. so I "held it" until 2pm and tested again with an IC - again ever so faintly positive. So at this point I wanted something else to test with so I ran to $tree after my dh went to a church meeting and wrote a note to the cashier that I wanted 3 $ pregnancy tests (didn't want curious kiddos to know - had gotten them each one thing so they were pre-occupied with their thing to notice the cashier put my 3 items in a bag :lol) So off to the house I go. So after "holding it" again until about 7pm then I tested with an IC, $tree and an Answer Early. Again so extremely faint I just wasn't convinced and I wasn't sure the Answer Early really had color - guess I was in disbelief.

So yesterday morning (Friday) I tested with a FRER and $tree and one IC. ALL were positive!!! :woohoo

BUT - I really really wanted to surprise my dh. I've never really gotten to surprise him before sooooo

here is the rest of the story:

I went to town and ate lunch at dh restaurant then went to the mall with the kids and got a cookie for my dh and then ran to wal-mart and got a CBE digi but dh called while I was in wal-mart and was headed there to meet up with me so when I checked out I asked the cashier to just give me the contents of the box and put them in my purse so dh wouldn't see LOL (and curious kiddo eyes too!) Anyway so met dh in wal-mart and sent him to get $ order for rent and to pay it while I ran to the health food store for more vitamins!

Ran home and took digi and hid it, the 2 cards I bought him, and the cake until he got home!

Here are pics!
I got him one of those little personal cookies.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...cookiecake.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...06digicrop.jpg

He was very excited! He said "See I told you the other day!" He had put his hand on my belly about a week ago and just pronouced "You're pregnant" out of the blue - I laughed at him at the time! Guess he was right - but he's very excited!

So now I can come back to DS and browse the newborn diapers! I really need to sell of a lot of my FB's and get some snap-ez cause FB's just aren't fitting our youngest very well at all. The snap-ez fit him far better.

so anyway ladies- it's nice to be back - I've come and visited a couple times but not really posted!

Julesmom23girls 09-02-2006 09:16 AM

Re: Update on our family

Congrats!!! there are lots of newly preggo moms on her so you find lots of mamms willing to swap PG symptoms w/. LOL

What a great story, thanks for sharing!!!

Prettylocks 09-02-2006 09:22 AM

Great story! :happyclap: Glad to hear form you! And Congratulations!!!!

togg_mama 09-02-2006 09:24 AM

HOORAY! Another baby!:lostit:

I am also pregnant with a baby after sending one to Heaven. My Rebecca died last year at 8 months and three days. We are expecting our second early next year, right about the time Rebecca would have been two. God is good, but the waiting is hard. I completely understand leaving boards in the meantime. BTDT!

I had to laugh at your DH's proclamation! My DH told me I was pregnant with this one and I was like "you're nuts! there is no way!" Finally he made me take the test (I refused because I was tired of being disappointed) and I got the shock of my life!:happyclap:

BABIES BABIES! YEAH!

MommaRhi 09-02-2006 10:04 AM

wow cool!!! congrats!

Abunchofus 09-02-2006 10:12 AM

Congratulations Adrienne! :happyclap:

jedibunni 09-02-2006 04:48 PM

:giggle:

Congrats mama! I will tell you on this board too! :hugs:

annes_cottage 09-02-2006 05:03 PM

Congrats mama!! I am so happy for you! I loved reading your story and that cookie idea was super cute!!!:lostit: :goodvibes: :hugs:

My daughters b-day is May 14th and this year her bday was on Mother's day! Great gift!!

dirtdartwife 09-02-2006 05:17 PM

Congrats mama! That is an adorable cookie idea too! :hugegrin: :hugegrin:

Luvmybabies 09-02-2006 05:30 PM

Congrats!!! The cookie was a great idea :)