Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   In The Kitchen (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   leftover boiled eggs? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=376355)

ccinadr 03-27-2008 02:30 PM

leftover boiled eggs?

What do you make with boiled eggs, we have a bunch right now? How long will they keep in the fridge, once they are boiled?

Thanks!

asianmama 03-27-2008 02:41 PM

Re: leftover boiled eggs?

i dont know how long the last-- in my house they are gone within a few hours..

we make egg salad sandwich- mayo,hard boiled eggs(sliced thinly by a egg slicer thingy), mustard and salt and pepper

if u have chicken breasts- i shred them put one or two eggs for every 2 breasts -once again shred eggs like above sandwich- dijon mustard,mayo, salt and pepper. mix well put on top of a bed of lettuce for salad or inbetween bread for a sandwich.

u can make potato salad

umm deviled eggs

artemis33 03-27-2008 03:01 PM

they last for quite a while but not sure exactly how long....

Definitely egg salad! I do mayo, a little mustard, salt, pepper and a pinch of dill. Sometimes chopped pickles too if DD insists lol

Tuna nicoise salad

Just smear them with butter and eat them for a snack!

hollyday27 03-27-2008 04:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by artemis33 (Post 3149287)
Just smear them with butter and eat them for a snack!

Butter? :yuck: :giggle:

I Smile Because Of Them 03-27-2008 04:13 PM

Yeah we wouldn't have any leftovers either! We just eat them. :yummy:

Jillybean 03-27-2008 04:28 PM

We just peel and eat with a little sprinkle of salt. ours are almost gone and I boiled 2 dozen eggs.:giggle:

artemis33 03-27-2008 07:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hollyday27 (Post 3150130)
Butter? :yuck: :giggle:

:giggle: Yup, on the yolk - it is yummy and makes them less dry! lol (we're big butter fans around here :mrgreen: )

Lovethatslug 03-27-2008 10:02 PM

Mmm deviled eggs are the best ... I am the worst at boiling eggs , I either over-do them or they are still a little mushy :(

hollyday27 03-27-2008 10:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lovethatslug (Post 3153701)
Mmm deviled eggs are the best ... I am the worst at boiling eggs , I either over-do them or they are still a little mushy :(

Me too until I read this: Put eggs in pot, cover with cold water, when it comes to a boil immediately remove from heat, cover with lid, and set timer for 15min. Eggs come out perfect everytime. HTH! :)

JandJsmom0607 03-27-2008 10:08 PM

There are tons of things you can do with boiled eggs and y'all have listed some great ones. My favs are deviled eggs, egg salad, and putting them in mashed potatoes!!! Usually they will keep for about a week in the fridge....that's the longest I will keep "leftovers". Hope you find some great things to do with them!!