Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Struggles & Support (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=135)
-   -   Please Read Before Posting in This Forum (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=376740)

Proverbs169 03-27-2008 07:02 PM

Please Read Before Posting in This Forum

Hey all,

Because of the sensitive nature of this forum, we ask that you follow a few guidelines for etiquette.

~If you are currently pregnant, please refrain from posting about it here. It's fine for a mama who has been in the forum for a while to post an announcement, but after that, post in the pregnancy or ttc forum. However, if you have dealt with IF or losses in the past and feel that you could offer encouragement and/or advice, feel free to post here, but please try to post without your signature if it might bother those still posting here.

~If your post has a reference to another child or a pregnancy, please post that as a part of your subject line. For example, you might post something like "Seeing the RE today (children mentioned)" if you discuss your other children at all.

~Use discretion when posting. Those that are not suffering from IF are allowed here, of course, but be aware that many of the mamas might be suffering. Make sure your words are supportive and kind. When in doubt, don't post it.

~KEEP ALL NON- IF QUESTIONS AND POSTS ON THE REGULAR TTC BOARD. Please do not post questions here if you have been TTC for less than a year (or if there are no other known issues). General questions belong on the general TTC board; this board is for those who for whatever reason are having trouble conceiving and/or trouble carrying a pregnancy. Let them have their refuge here.

Thanks for your cooperation :goodvibes:

Songbird_kay 03-30-2008 07:58 PM

Re: Please Read Before Posting in This Forum

thank you so much!!!

I appreciate all the sensitivity, but is it really necessary for all PG women to not be able to post. They may have valuable insight for those of us that are struggling... They could just click on the "show your signature" box when here so as not to upset anyone with their u/s, belly pics....

Ooey 03-30-2008 08:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Songbird_kay (Post 3179631)
thank you so much!!!

I appreciate all the sensitivity, but is it really necessary for all PG women to not be able to post. They may have valuable insight for those of us that are struggling... They could just click on the "show your signature" box when here so as not to upset anyone with their u/s, belly pics....

:yeahthat: seems kind of crazy to start making rules about who can and can't post in certain forums :headscratch: If that's the way it is then this needs to be an opt-in private board like like the TMI forum is.

Also if seeing belly pics or signatures with pregnancy tickers is going to upset someone that much than it doesn't seem like they would be coming to Diaperswappers at all..l

LessonsInLife 03-30-2008 08:25 PM

I edited my title to reflect that kids were kind of mentioned but I have to say I think that rule is kind of odd. This is a diapering board. It's full of kids. And even people with kids can have trouble conceiving #2, 3, or even more. DD2 took us over two years with a year of that on fertility drugs and we've been ttc again for 16 months now with the last 4 on fertility drugs.

I can understand the reasoning behind the rule but I just find it odd with the type of website that this is.

mistylaureena 03-30-2008 09:45 PM

I appreciate your wanting to keep it for grief, coming form this mama who has been trying several forms of fertility programs to no avail for over 2 years I understand grief and the need to want to get pregnant. I understand the depth of my soul longing and no results, I understand the feeling of being twinged with jealously every time a good Friend or family member gets pregnant and I don't, but if I were to get pregnant tomorrow, it wouldnt take away all those emotions and how I can relate to other mamas going through it.

SO to say that currently pregnant mamas shouldn't post seems a little outlandish. Maybe they have insight and maybe they can just give me hope that it will happen soon. Just because they have children and probably lots of them, seems unfair to outcast them...... Does that make sense?? Just my :2cents: Seems like the rules need tweaking a lil.

Proverbs169 03-31-2008 06:21 PM

It's meant as more of a guideline than a rule (although I do realize it's listed under forum rules, I will change that now). This may be opt in, I am not sure.

It's one thing if a pg mama who has dealt with infertility wants to help/ support by posting their experiences or advice. That's fine. But really there's no reason for anyone else to be here, kwim? If you've dealt with it in the past you may very well have some valuable information to pass on to others, and it's fine that you post here.

Quote:

Also if seeing belly pics or signatures with pregnancy tickers is going to upset someone that much than it doesn't seem like they would be coming to Diaperswappers at all..l
We have had (and still have I am sure) people who post here who do not have children yet. And even those that do, often have a difficult time seeing babies and pregnant bellies. There are mamas here who have been ttc for a long time; there are others that have had multiple losses. This is the place to come and discuss that aspect of their lives.

asteiner18 05-22-2008 09:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Proverbs169 (Post 3189216)
It's meant as more of a guideline than a rule (although I do realize it's listed under forum rules, I will change that now). This may be opt in, I am not sure.

It's one thing if a pg mama who has dealt with infertility wants to help/ support by posting their experiences or advice. That's fine. But really there's no reason for anyone else to be here, kwim? If you've dealt with it in the past you may very well have some valuable information to pass on to others, and it's fine that you post here.

We have had (and still have I am sure) people who post here who do not have children yet. And even those that do, often have a difficult time seeing babies and pregnant bellies. There are mamas here who have been ttc for a long time; there are others that have had multiple losses. This is the place to come and discuss that aspect of their lives.

i understand the rule and i am sure it is for the good of others.... but what about your siggy? is it things like that... i just dont want to be confused?

mindyt289 05-22-2008 11:26 PM

what does RE mean??

Weezy6703 05-23-2008 08:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mindyt289 (Post 3655388)
what does RE mean??

Reproductive Endocrinologist (RE)
(i think)

otxena 03-21-2010 01:18 PM

I think it's a great rule. I have a child. I've lost four, my most recent being the first loss since my daughter. I don't hang out in infertility forums with my daughter hanging on my sig and I think it's thoughtful for pregnant people not to hang out in loss forums with their pregnancy on their sig.
A lot of people who have had loss are not looking for advice or insight or hope. We all know that everyone is different and that people who have been through what we have been through have gotten pregnant. If someone is specifically looking for that, then by all means, let pregnant people answer them, but overall, I would concur that this forum is best left a refuge and a safe place for those who are IN the despair or mourning phase.

Great sticky, Proverbs, and well said. Much more sensitive than I am.