Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Breastfeeding Support (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   I hate pumping (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=377119)

whippoorwill 03-28-2008 07:55 AM

I hate pumping

Just wanted to vent and say how much I hate it!
I start back work out of home full time Monday and have been "practicing" with the pump while my DS gets introduced to his daycare lady.

kgend912 03-28-2008 08:22 AM

Re: I hate pumping

I hear ya.

doberbrat 03-28-2008 08:44 AM

:hugs: just think of it as a means to an end.

croleRN 03-28-2008 09:13 AM

:hugs: :hugs: :hugs: Right there w/ ya. I tell myself it's better than the alternative. (At least for us.)

Irishmommy 03-28-2008 09:48 AM

Just think of it as a way to DO something for your baby while you are away from him/her. Also, it helped me to look at a pic of my sweet little boy while I was pumping to remind me why I was doing it. You'll get into a swing of things and it will be fine after a while. :hugs:

sourpatch_babe 03-28-2008 10:22 AM

Yes, and if you can, make a short video with your camera of your baby. That helped me more than looking at pics.:hugs: I have a love/hate relationship with my pump too. I love what it does (provide my baby with my milk while I'm away), but I hate the thing with the passion of a 1000 suns.

cm.thomas 03-28-2008 12:19 PM

I totally hear ya, although I get a HUGE feeling of satisfaction when I'm holding a full bottle of milk that I just pumped.

snugglesnsunshine 03-28-2008 12:22 PM

I hate pumping, too. Bring something that smells like your baby (blankie, shirt, etc.) That usually helped me.

I left my baby in Sunday School for the first time last week and I forgot to leave her boppy (blankie) with her. I had it in Sunday School with me and DH noticed I kept smelling it. I missed her. He laughed because I didn't even realize I was doing it.

Priscella 03-28-2008 02:27 PM

I pumped for 1 year while working my full time job with my first son. Yes, it is a love hate relationship, especially since were I worked wasn't too supportive of the whole thing, I would cry at work sometimes, trying to rush to find a place to pump, since I kept getting kicked out of places.

But, in the end it was so worth it.

You will get into the groove of things with your pump. Just think of it as a way to connect to your lo when your not with them. And get a handsfree kit. Read magazines, or go on the computer while doing it. Also I always made sure to have a snack and water or juice while I pumped. Just distract yourself from the pump, to make the time go by faster.

JenniferJ 03-28-2008 02:43 PM

I was just about to go pump myself and thought well I only have 2 more hours left till work ends, I really don't want to go. I'll just wait and feed him when I get home. All the nice words of encouragment here has changed my mind. It is a way to connect with my ds while we are not together. I just get so stressed with whether or not I will pump enough. I just get by with enough everyday. <sigh>

Keep up the good work mama, it is deffinately worth the effort. Even when you don't want to.

Now off to pump!! Thanks everyone for putting me in the right frame of mind! You mamas are so great!