Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Diaper Chatter and Q & A (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Another PF ? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=37722)

FitMommyOf2 09-03-2006 07:21 PM

Another PF ?

Forgive me, I'm all 'hyped' up for getting PFs in the house again:lostit: (I thought I gave up on them after I discovered my love to making my own pocket fitteds and pul pockets, but now I'll welcome the simplicity of PFs)

I was wondering how you all mainly use your PFs. Snappi, pins or simply tri-folded?
I'm a whimp when it comes to pins (plus, currently DS is a challenge to change dipes anyway, even if it's ony a pocket:loony: ) and I never had a real good fit w/a snappi, so I mostly tri-folded, but I'll surely try a snappi again at least once I got my batch of PFs coming.

So, what about you?

Julesmom23girls 09-03-2006 07:40 PM

Re: Another PF ?

Pins scare me too. I am so afraid I will stick DD as she tries to wiggle away. I haven't been able to get a good fit w/ just trifold and cover, plus I like w/ a snappi that I can just put the PF on w/o a cover when we are home and she gets a little more air to her tush vs being in a cover all day.

mommyish 09-03-2006 07:49 PM

That's funny, b/c every so often I'll pull ot the pf's and really enjoy the simplicity too. I tri fold with a cover. My older dd's confiscated my snappis for their baby doll blankets ( to keep them swaddled).

FitMommyOf2 09-03-2006 07:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mommyish
That's funny, b/c every so often I'll pull ot the pf's and really enjoy the simplicity too. I tri fold with a cover. My older dd's confiscated my snappis for their baby doll blankets ( to keep them swaddled).

Aww how cute about your dd's using the snappis for their baby dolls! :loveit:

GoddessWifeMom 09-03-2006 07:58 PM

I just got my prefolds in the mail and I was using Pins after trying to trifold but the extra bulk and just WAYY to much PF left over made me switch to wraping it on her and pinning.

BUT the pins ended up being just too much of a challenge on our wiggly DD, I ended up pinning her 2 times and it broke my heart, plus my DH would have NEVER been able to use pins.

So I went out and got 2 snappis and they are the BEST THING EVER!!!!

They have mde my life soooo much better and my DH LOVES them also. He even has decided that he doesn't like tri-folding and LOVES the bikin twist and he is VERY good at it after doing it like 2 times with the snappi nice and tight.

So SNAPPI'S ARE THE BEST!! :)

FitMommyOf2 09-03-2006 08:01 PM

Ok, so I guess I really need to give snappis another try!!! :D

1happymama 09-03-2006 08:17 PM

I used to just lay the PF in a cover with #1 and started having leaking issues once she was walking:yuck: ...that's when I discovered Snappis and I love them!! They're relatively cheap and last a lot longer than the 6 months the package says. :happyclap: I agree with Julesmom23girls about the coverless time at home.

Christy 09-03-2006 08:22 PM

I use snappi and they are great!

mimid 09-03-2006 09:01 PM

We need an "all of the above" option here. I use pfs with wool mostly so I usually snappi them but I'm starting to get used to pins. I also occasionaly use a PUL wrap and will just trifold then.

Bugaboo Bottoms 09-03-2006 09:04 PM

LOVE Snappis, so easy to use, but when I was first starting out, I didn't use anything and just layed them inside of a BSWW cover.