Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Breastfeeding Support (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Feed Me! signs from your LO? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=377535)

sweetietooth 03-28-2008 02:00 PM

Feed Me! signs from your LO?

This isn't really support, but I thought it might be fun to share what our LOs do to tell us when they want to nurse. :)

Freddie (11 months today!) has just started to crawl up to me and butt me with his head, mouth open, jabbering away. He also gives (very slobbery!) kisses that way, but when he wants to nurse he is more urgent with the head-butting - especially into 'the girls' if he can reach, lol. Anyway. I am reveling in the preciousness of his actions because I know all these sweet little non-verbal signs are so fleeting... *sigh*

So, how do your babies tell you they want to BF? :goodvibes:

BasicallyBliss 03-28-2008 02:11 PM

Re: Feed Me! signs from your LO?

My DD (who is 8 mo.) will latch onto my chin to tell me she wants to nurse. Sometimes she will also pull down my shirt too. :loveit:

SublimeBaby 03-28-2008 05:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sweetietooth (Post 3160357)
This isn't really support, but I thought it might be fun to share what our LOs do to tell us when they want to nurse. :)

Freddie (11 months today!) has just started to crawl up to me and butt me with his head, mouth open, jabbering away. He also gives (very slobbery!) kisses that way, but when he wants to nurse he is more urgent with the head-butting - especially into 'the girls' if he can reach, lol. Anyway. I am reveling in the preciousness of his actions because I know all these sweet little non-verbal signs are so fleeting... *sigh*

So, how do your babies tell you they want to BF? :goodvibes:

Oh, mama! That is so adorable. Keona is only 9 weeks so her signs are more the sucking on anything close to her mouth, hands, toys, clothing... hitting my boobies when Im holding her and getting her grumpy face and squawking at me.:giggle:

Marissa20uk 03-28-2008 06:24 PM

I am teaching sign language and my ds squeezes his hand together (he is almost 13 months) like he is milking. LOL, I love it :)

Tavie and Ellie's Mom 03-28-2008 06:26 PM

Ellie will pull on her ear and say "Mum Mums!"

sweetietooth 03-28-2008 06:53 PM

These are all so cute! I love babies. :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marissa20uk (Post 3162916)
I am teaching sign language and my ds squeezes his hand together (he is almost 13 months) like he is milking. LOL, I love it :)

We are working on signing here, but he's not quite got anything yet. Maybe "More" but he's such a clapper it's hard to tell. That and he always wants more food, lol!

imommy 03-28-2008 07:16 PM

We're working on the sign for milk and when I say "do you want milk?" and do the sign she gets a big old grin on her face. She's eight months old and I'm guessing her doing the sign is not far off. Currently she just lunges toward my chest with a wide open mouth. :giggle2:If I have a shirt on that has skin exposed (think tank top) she starts suckling around on my skin and moving down my chest until she's in the vicinity of my breasts and then starts grunting and getting really mad when she can't latch on through my shirt. :roflmbo: It's really funny.

eljube112 03-28-2008 07:21 PM

Ethan throws himself into a laying position if he's sitting with me and when we nurse at night he lays first and opens his mouth wide, eyes closed, sqwaking like a banshee just waiting for mum to put the boob in his mouth!! he knows that when we lay down he gets the good stuff!
On another note (not bf'ing) Ethan is now almost 5 months and he is telling me that he wants other food because he intersects everything that is heading for my mouth and trys to put it in his!! LOL!!

mommyto2girls 03-28-2008 07:53 PM

half the time I can get her to sign "milk" and we are working with it to be milk please...which she can do but it's few and far between now

the other half she comes up to me puts both hands in the air and screams, and at night when I get her out of her bed she lays down as soon as I sit down to nurse her

sweetietooth 03-28-2008 07:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eljube112 (Post 3163367)
Ethan throws himself into a laying position if he's sitting with me and when we nurse at night he lays first and opens his mouth wide, eyes closed, sqwaking like a banshee just waiting for mum to put the boob in his mouth!! he knows that when we lay down he gets the good stuff!
On another note (not bf'ing) Ethan is now almost 5 months and he is telling me that he wants other food because he intersects everything that is heading for my mouth and trys to put it in his!! LOL!!

That is *exacty* how Freddie "told" me he was ready for solid! And now whenever I eat anything in front of him he will grunt and jabber until I share with him. :giggle2: